Give yourselves a pat on the iboats.

sandersps

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just got in from looking at a boat that a friend wanted to buy. What we found was a 1987 Sea Ray Seville 19 foot with a 3.0 mercruiser. This boat had a very nice and fairly new galvanized trailer, a newly rebuilt outdrive with receipts, and not a single chip or ding on the hull. This boat has a freeze cracked block, was in need of new seats, and had a small soft spot in the floor. Not such a bad deal for 500 bucks.
Well thanks to all the info and posts along with pictures that i have found on iboats since getting my boat last year, I quickly found that the stringers, motor mounts, and floor were rotted. I also had the knowledge to assume what amount of work was needed to repair the structure of this boat.
This boat would need a level of repair that my buddy determined was out of his relm and he passed on the boat.
So I guess what i am trying to say is Thank you iboats and all the great members for educating me in the world of boating and expecting nothing in return more than to tell your friends about us. Without great, freindly, and knowledgable members this forum would be nothing more than a brag board.
Thanks to all of you.

P.S. I did tell my freind and the guy selling the boat to look you up.

Re: Give yourselves a pat on the iboats.

I am glad to hear that good decisions were made by you and your friend. Knowledge is powerful stuff.

I wished I had read more here on Iboats before I bought my small project boat. But hey, then I wouldn't have known the joys of grinding fiberglass, installing a transom and stringers and using high tech marine paints. :D