Gimble housing and Inner transom plate installation

holorinhal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have searched alot, for the information, thru the web and the manuals, but I cant seem to find the answers I am looking for.
I have just finnished doing a face lift on My boat and am ready to reinstall the outer transom shield and inner transom plate and need to know if there are any particular measurements or adjustments that I need to be aware of, concerning the outer transom asembaly or the inner plate with regards to the rear motor mounts?
The drive is 1983 and the engine is 1983 260 mercruiser. Every thing is reinstalling in the original holes and locations. Any info is appreciated.....Hal

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Gimble housing and Inner transom plate installation

The alignment between the gimbal housing (outer transom plate) and the inner transom plate is determined by the bolts/studs. If the inner goes on over the studs and bolts down correctly, the alignment between them is done... That is NOT the engine alignment, that's different again...

Chris.........

holorinhal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Gimble housing and Inner transom plate installation

Thanks for the replys.every thing seemed to be fine, just didnt know if there was any thing to check as far as the rear engine mounting surfaces....Thanks....Hal