Getting a thread locked...What's up with that....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfraser

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was watching a couple of threads and low and behold ...yup..they got locked...

Granted...they might have gotten off topic, but the topic of one of the post's... was OFF topic... to begin with....it was just a rant and rave...a vent topic at best...but, if you want to vent...what better place than with other boaters....

Mod's...we all know this forum belongs to Iboats..

AND WE THANK THEM for allowing us to post here......

And we THANK them for allowing us to shop here!..(hint...hint)

Please don't try to be a cyber cop...because we all know cops think thay are above the law..(oohh I can kill this thread..).....Oh Well,...I guess in the end...,you could lock this thread and lose some customers....Bruno Vassel, I'm sure would love to hear that..(CEO & President of IBOATS...if you did'nt know)

Just a thought....I assumed that DockSide chat was just for that...CHAT....I didn't hear a single word mentioned about Iboats in the thread...only political jargon...did someone upset a mod?....I guess it's time for the Mod's to get nuetral...or quit being a mod...Supreme Marininer....Yup...I mean you...

Heck...JB blasted several people before you locked the thread, and said to get back on topic....And the topic was "What's going on here"......Is that an open thread or what...???

Zero 7+7 btw...

FLATHEAD

Captain
Re: Getting a thread locked...What's up with that....??

Yet another thread bashing iboats and the mods,,,,,If it is that big an issue for you and a few select others you can always leave! Did you ever think of that? That might be the best option for the board as a whole. JMHO.

By the way I for one did not know all cops think they are above the law, thanks for the heads up.

KaGee

Admiral

C'mon Kevin, we all know the original author is a TROLL and as such should be no surprise that the thread got locked. Don't get upset over such trivial matters.

For the thread to have gone on as long as it did was the surprise. If anything, the board MODS are more tolerant than in the past.

You know, there is a way for those who want to chat to do so without taking up meaningless bandwidth here.

Go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iboatsmembers/
Get your buddies to join and use the chat room.

(Gawd, I hope Spinner don't get mad at me for that!)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Give it a rest already. Ths is a great board.

LadyFish

Admiral

Kevin, with all due respect to your statement, you are mistaken. Threads get locked for many reasons at the discretion of all moderators.

You will find the discussion board standards here at iboats are at a higher level than you will find anywhere else. It is by direct request of the owners of iboats to have these forums moderated for content and other abuses. They expect us to keep the peace and make sure that a certain code of conduct is enforced. We intend to honor those wishes. Their #1 request is for everyone to practice civility.

When we see a thread going down hill for whatever reason we lock or delete the thread before it festers into a huge mess.

Bashing an iboats moderator is not being very civil and can destroy forum morale. I hope you understand that we cannot possibly tolerate it and remain effective.

If you have any further complaints be sure to use the contact mod button. You can choose to send it to one or all of us. Once received, we will discuss it, and handle it in the manner we deem appropriate.

Consider this thread locked for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.