garmin 551dv power cable

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
I got this nice fish finder for Christmas and went to install it today. I want to mount it in the front of the boat. The problem I have is the power cable is about 6 feet and I need 20 feet to reach the batteries. Does anyone know if there is longer power cable out there? I have searched but no luck. I did email Garmin, but it might take 3 days for them to reply.

TIA,

Eric

alldodge

Staff member
I got this nice fish finder for Christmas and went to install it today. I want to mount it in the front of the boat. The problem I have is the power cable is about 6 feet and I need 20 feet to reach the batteries. Does anyone know if there is longer power cable out there? I have searched but no luck. I did email Garmin, but it might take 3 days for them to reply.

TIA,

Eric

Why do you want to go back to the battery, why not just get power for it behind the helm? They don't pull much power at all

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
That is good idea. Unfortunately the cable doesn't come close to any power unless I splice into the trolling motor electrical.

Last edited:

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Why do you want to go back to the battery, why not just get power for it behind the helm? They don't pull much power at all

I did find a connection under the helm and will use that. Thanks for pointing that out!