Fuse blows between CDI pack , replace fuse but now engine bogs and slowly picks up speed

bluebear57

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Could be there is one running along both of them , my temp gauge shorted out and after that the engine would not start and I replaced this fuse and it would run except now has very weak top end, dogs out and takes a while to get up to speed, was sure what I messed up, replaced all electrical last year stator chi trigger etc, thanks for looking at my problem

Dukedog

Captain
what motor ya workin' with?.. year, HP, serial number if ya have it??? if ya don't know are have any of that put up pictures of it (powerhead).........

Last edited:

bluebear57

Petty Officer 3rd Class
what motor ya workin' with?.. year, HP, serial number if ya have it??? if ya don't know are have any of that put up pictures of it (powerhead).........
It’s a 89 mariner 150 ,SN OB117411, I’m afraid I might have damaged the top end of the new stator I just put on, completely redid this motor last year, and because of health issues would like to have a idea where to start looking , thanks again for your time

bluebear57

Petty Officer 3rd Class
This is the fuse that was blown , and then the motor would not start,replaced fuse, motor would Run great but the top end would bog down but slowly pic up rpm’s and speed Thanks again

Attachments

• 75CDCC23-CFE2-4C0F-8390-6C77CEE5A3D1.jpeg
    75CDCC23-CFE2-4C0F-8390-6C77CEE5A3D1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • F3EAF13E-2B8B-41E7-84B1-5A9EA4DE5F7D.jpeg
    F3EAF13E-2B8B-41E7-84B1-5A9EA4DE5F7D.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 9

bluebear57

Petty Officer 3rd Class
This is the fuse that was blown , and then the motor would not start,replaced fuse, motor would Run great but the top end would bog down but slowly pic up rpm’s and speed Thanks again
And the motor was running great until temp gauge shorted out a blew that fuse

Dukedog

Captain
that fuse has nothing to do with tha way it runs... you really need an oem manual for it.. way to many reasons as to why its doin' what its doin.. need ta be able ta actually see and hear whatcha trying ta describe.... sorry, jmo.

straight from Merc.

1986 Outboard 2.0 Mariner Magnum 150MG [ELPTO]​

Last edited:

bluebear57

Petty Officer 3rd Class
that fuse has nothing to do with tha way it runs... you really need an oem manual for it.. way to many reasons as to why its doin' what its doin.. need ta be able ta actually see and hear whatcha trying ta describe.... sorry, jmo.

straight from Merc.

1986 Outboard 150MG [ELPTO]​

I know the fuse has nothing to do with how in runs, but I think the power sure that blew the fuse shorted something out Thank you , I think I might have damaged the high in coil on the stator , or maybe the trigger, something was damaged when things shorted out , guess when I can I’ll get my ohm meter out a begin to try and check everything electronical ,thank you for you time and input

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi. I can’t just remember, but either that fuse holder or the other just forward of it on my 150 merc was intermittently failing. It caused the engine to run poorly and a couple of times, fail to start. I had to cable tie it securely that day, for it to stop its issues.

bluebear57

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi. I can’t just remember, but either that fuse holder or the other just forward of it on my 150 merc was intermittently failing. It caused the engine to run poorly and a couple of times, fail to start. I had to cable tie it securely that day, for it to stop its issues.
Thank you I’ll check that out

bluebear57

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thank you for all your help , had some health issues, so I haven’t been able to look at it for a while, but looking today I found where the fuse blew out. The rectifier was melted to so replace rectifier and things seem fine. Thank you very much.