Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

jaggededge

Cadet
I realize it's a simple typo... but I am preeeeety sure a 200$ transom prolly won't stand up to 700 horsepower. LOL

Old Ironmaker

Captain
It never ceases to amaze me how some sellers assume everyone is just plain stupid. I misread the add for the Terrarium, I thought it said seller will pay $400.00 to have it removed from the property, me just stooped.

roffey

Commander
I read an ad for a boat that went something like he had just raped his boat for the winter. I thought I would be a smart aleck and responded with most people wrap their boats and raping was not cool, believe it or not they never changed the ad. Another ad was selling a mustang and clearly the car was Pontiac GTO aka Judge, I told him the picture was not a ford and further a GTO was worth more than a Mustang. They never changed he ad..

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
I get the feeling this guy wants the boat gone. I wonder if he's willing to move on the price?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I read an ad for a boat that went something like he had just raped his boat for the winter. I thought I would be a smart aleck and responded with most people wrap their boats and raping was not cool, believe it or not they never changed the ad. Another ad was selling a mustang and clearly the car was Pontiac GTO aka Judge, I told him the picture was not a ford and further a GTO was worth more than a Mustang. They never changed he ad..
Literally right before i clicked over here i sent a text to this cat offering my help, as politly as possible, to help him craft his ad better. Waiting for a reply...

https://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/d/19-playtime-boat-volvo-penta/6359529180.html

roffey

Commander
I get the feeling this guy wants the boat gone. I wonder if he's willing to move on the price?

Makes you wonder what he would do if you rolled up in your truck and said, I'll take it right now, you pay me $200.... and help me hook up to the truck..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Makes you wonder what he would do if you rolled up in your truck and said, I'll take it right now, you pay me $200.... and help me hook up to the truck..

This isn't a rotten glass heap, it's an 60's aluminum 22' Starcraft Chief and very desirable in the restoration niche.

6367537676.html
6367537676.html
00L0L_bFKHRH0PcFg_600x450.jpg

roffey

Commander
k, shows what I know about tin boats, lol.

,,,but if he wants it gone that badly and you showed up with a tow rig ready to go....

Last edited:

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
k, show what I know about tin boats, lol.

,,,but if he wants it gone that badly and you showed up with a tow rig ready to go....

Looking at the ad again, I wonder if he means he'll remove the craigslist ad when the boat is sold?

roffey

Commander

just to keep for posterity....

"The trailer pulls very good, I never pulled something this little down I-44 before. I have a 5 hp motor on it. I hardly ever used it. It spent most time tilted up. Trolling motor is 30. I used it more than motor, I had it couple years before I bought motor.I always keep boat motors in garage, even the boat was in garage. Now with everything on trailer it is under a camper shell with tarp. E-mail is better to see what you think. "