Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I wonder if we can whimper under our breath. This guy has been threatening to clean it up for at least a year now.

wrvond

Chief Petty Officer
I can't believe this one hasn't sold. Why, he's practically giving it away!
I do get a kick out of his Freudian slip - I'm sure there's a "burn" of some kind involved in this deal...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Yeah I'm thinking it more of a Cuz-Bro type relation. :lol:

00h0h_8ErkLrYmqFt_600x450.jpg

I don't like a flat roof. It can cause all manner of leakage problems but it makes a nice Sun deck for Bikini clad ladies. I can picture Ellie May up there soaking in some rays with Jethro and Grannie.

I know a guy locally that mounted a 15' travel trailer on his 21 foot Star Craft. All the comforts of home. If his engine breaks down the trailer becomes a sail.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
That's kindda a sweat hull actually. If only I had a spair motor... And trailer.... And $4,000.

That boat looks nice when the light hits it just right. 4k wouldn't be enough for much here in Canada, especially with our weak currency and anything that is prefixed by "Marine" add 50% here. There is a larger sized Chris Craft down our road that the owner parked next to the horse corral 16 years ago all pumped up to restore it because he only paid "nothin'" for it. It only cost him $1000.00 to have it put on a float and move it. It currently has a few 15' Birch and Maple trees growing in it. The plastic tarps he wrapped it in blew off the first winter so he nailed them to the hull. I need to ask him if he wants to sell it. A cord of wood is going for 100 bucks or more here. He has a new 4x4 and a new Benz in his driveway every 3 years so he must know something I don't.

Pusher

Lieutenant
That boat looks nice when the light hits it just right. 4k wouldn't be enough for much here in Canada, especially with our weak currency and anything that is prefixed by "Marine" add 50% here. There is a larger sized Chris Craft down our road that the owner parked next to the horse corral 16 years ago all pumped up to restore it because he only paid "nothin'" for it. It only cost him $1000.00 to have it put on a float and move it. It currently has a few 15' Birch and Maple trees growing in it. The plastic tarps he wrapped it in blew off the first winter so he nailed them to the hull. I need to ask him if he wants to sell it. A cord of wood is going for 100 bucks or more here. He has a new 4x4 and a new Benz in his driveway every 3 years so he must know something I don't.

Thats a sweet image. :)

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I have seen some really nice Penn Yans in my day but I think this is the first capable of 70 mph.

http://pennstate.craigslist.org/boa/5765877398.html

A few bottles of Spray 9 and a good scrub and your good to go. I love when the adds read "was used as recently as 2 years ago".

We worked on a guys old 50 HP Merc today he dropped of with a phone number Sunday, he said it won't start but he wants to sell it. It's a 17 foot land fill candidate. The plugs were welded in the thing, tar had to be chipped off the plug we did get out. Ted called him back and asked him when it ran last, 3 years ago and it ran like a top. Did he winterize it, yep he put a tarp over it 3 years ago. He was thinking 2 grand. The trailer has 2 different size wheels on it.