Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

PatinIdaho

Chief Petty Officer
Im always watching the Spokane CL boat/parts. Man sometimes i really wonder what people are thinking with there price for what there trying to sell.

thumpar

Admiral
And for a 3.0L to boot. It does look to be in great shape, but $7200? Maybe a classic case of stick it on craigslist at a "Im not selling it" price, and see if someone bites.
Or wife wants it sold so he set an insane price so it wouldn't. It originally sold for $10k 25 years ago.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
What can ya say, it is Spokane, those people are nuts, I look at the Spokane list almost daily and they think their stuff is worth gold!

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
00505_luiTJE57NbH_600x450.jpg

GO HAWKS!!!

https://yakima.craigslist.org/boa/5053991719.html

Ohio Rusty

Cadet
Here is the craigs list ad and the boat I just bought .... the boat wasn't an 86 like she advertised ...... it is a 1958 !!!!! The serial number says 57-6681 SuperDuty AA .... and the wheels weren't like new ... one was flat and I had to pump it up to get the boat home.
Ohio Rusty
[h=2]1986 12 foot aluminum fishing boat[/h] http://columbus.craigslist.org/boa/5023991341.html

thumpar

Admiral
What can ya say, it is Spokane, those people are nuts, I look at the Spokane list almost daily and they think their stuff is worth gold!
Hey now, I live in Spokane but I know what you mean. Any decent deal is hard to find and you have to jump on it.

jkust

Rear Admiral
Was shopping for an additional boat and one seller listed all of the options the boat had in the ad. It was loaded...until I got there and he simply listed all the options of the 4 models that were covered in the owners manual of which his boat had none of them. Some of the options were standard on the more expensive model but optional on his model. I couldn't believe how dense he was. He changed his ad removing the non existent options after I viewed it and I explained to him that you can't say it has it because it is in the owners manual but he still kept the most expensive option in the listing, again the boat had none of them. The boat had 20 hours total on it and was nearly new and of course his story was he just bought it from the original owner but never used it.

PatinIdaho

Chief Petty Officer
Hey now, I live in Spokane but I know what you mean. Any decent deal is hard to find and you have to jump on it.

I grew up there. Lived there for 36yrs.! Believe me Sandpoint is not much different just less people!!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
This one deserves a direct quote to preserve the spelling for all eternity!

"1999 25 foot fiching boat with toilet sink etc. fresch wotter coolt 350 mec.cruiser boat sitz hi laive 56 hr only need tlc call frank "

Reads like some of the Hawaiian Pidgin we heard when I lived in the islands.