Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

srkelly

Cadet
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

I hear ya, I matched up casting numbers. I heard alot of people confuse 2.5 with the 3.0 here is how she looks and the progress so far...

Attachments

• 092009_1827[00][1].jpg
    092009_1827[00][1].jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 092009_1825[01][1].jpg
    092009_1825[01][1].jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 092009_1826[00][1].jpg
    092009_1826[00][1].jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 0

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

Can someone explain to me how a boat with no carb runs great? And a boat that needs an interior is in "great shape?" See below....

235 hp OMC stern drive engine. Engine runs great. No carb with it. Nice shape, needs interior. Twin axle trailer in picture is included. Has bows and canvas.

Trades considered or best offer.

3n23k63l75Q35R25S699ide00e57526b6151a.jpg

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

I'm finding all sorts of funny ones tonight:

"I LOST MY JOB AND NEED TO FEED MY FAMILY This is my last post before I put it up for the winter....price lowered $2,000 from initial listing. 1988 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2455 w/ trailer is in water until November....mechanically sound and used every weekend this summer. Cosmetically 6/10 needs minor things to be better cosmetically. Has fishfinder/vhf/cockpit cover.
I WILL NOT GO ANY LOWER THAN THIS PRICE....IT IS 26'LOA with the swim platform and bow pulpit. DON'T ASK FOR A BETTER PRICE. Sticker is good until 2011. Sea trial is available but only to SERIOUS BUYERS!!!
Willing to look at all types of trades.......CARS/HARLEYS/MUSCLE CARS/JETSKIS(pair)/ I know what things are worth I have been in the car/motorcycle/boat industry for 10 years
Mainly looking to upgrade to another boat.......CENTER CONSOLE OR WALK AROUND PREFERRED. Will consider newer Cabin cruiser from 23ft and up
"

So he's selling because he lost his job and needs to support his family? But wants to trade for another boat or a Harley? How do you feed your family a Harley?

scipper77

Commander

I'm finding all sorts of funny ones tonight:

"I LOST MY JOB AND NEED TO FEED MY FAMILY This is my last post before I put it up for the winter....price lowered $2,000 from initial listing. 1988 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2455 w/ trailer is in water until November....mechanically sound and used every weekend this summer. Cosmetically 6/10 needs minor things to be better cosmetically. Has fishfinder/vhf/cockpit cover.
I WILL NOT GO ANY LOWER THAN THIS PRICE....IT IS 26'LOA with the swim platform and bow pulpit. DON'T ASK FOR A BETTER PRICE. Sticker is good until 2011. Sea trial is available but only to SERIOUS BUYERS!!!
Willing to look at all types of trades.......CARS/HARLEYS/MUSCLE CARS/JETSKIS(pair)/ I know what things are worth I have been in the car/motorcycle/boat industry for 10 years
Mainly looking to upgrade to another boat.......CENTER CONSOLE OR WALK AROUND PREFERRED. Will consider newer Cabin cruiser from 23ft and up
"

So he's selling because he lost his job and needs to support his family? But wants to trade for another boat or a Harley? How do you feed your family a Harley?

Saw a very similar ad in the rochester craigslist recently. Not as elaborate and looks legit but now that I read this I'm thinking twice.

Went back to find ad and it's gone!!!:rolleyes:

QC

Supreme Mariner

This one caught my attention:

Very fast boat - $2500

3m13pd3l35T15Qd5Sd99kbd7254815d6816f1.jpg

Hey it might be, but caused me to chuckle . . . :)

Maclin

Admiral

QC, maybe he means "easy" and is tired of having to keep all the other boats away from it all the time...:D

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

I don't keep up with the prices of used boats, especially "vintage" boats but this one seems a little high to me. But then again, perhaps I just don't appreciate the value of an antique.

Oh yeah, the seller didn't bother to post a picture of this jewel either.

Hull of a 1950-1960 Chris Kraft type Day Cruiser. Hole in boat - inside stripped. $1000.00 or best offer

Last edited:

sho3boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Another one that struck me . . . '95 :confused:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/1389220773.html
Boat - $5000

Ski boat 1995 Glastron V186 Swinger

3k73ob3p35T45P45Sf99n7b8c1009f99d18e3.jpg
Looks more like a '75 to me. This is great, I used to do cars and a few boats. You sure find some nice ones. One day there was a little kneel down boat near here for sale all painted fresh red. I stopped, and it looked like someone made the hull from paper machete and coated it with glass even though I'd guess it was an old repaired hull. The motor had just been put on and was a normal 20" or whatever, so the cavitation plate was like 5" below the bottom of the boat. It was a 15hp or something, but it was obvious it needed a short race motor. Yeah he wanted some big price for it. I forget how the steering was hooked up, it was, but the motor was off a rowboat or something.

Ugly old trihull glastrons? Actually a guy in the know told me it is easy to hit 60mph with an an old inline on the back. That is not too shabby. They often race those in stock classes, gutted of course. IIRC they have a pad on them, my checkmate would only run 50 but it would cut some ugly water.

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe theres a 95 in the cargo container it's sitting on. But that boat looks EXACTLY like my old Glastron, and mines a 1970...

scipper77

Commander

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! I guess this is a good way to get people to remember your ad but I don't know if it makes me feel that safe leaving my toys there.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/boa/1389847554.html

Boat, RV, and Motorcycle Storage (Sodus Bay)
Date: 2009-09-24, 7:49AM EDT
Reply to: sale-uwpvd-1389847554@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Storage facility is located on the east side of Sodus Bay across from Oak Park Marina.

Brand new 60x100 building for indoor Storage is available for Jet Skis and Motorcycles. Outdoor storage is available for RV's and Boats.

We also do Shrink Wrapping and winterization of jet skis and boats.

Call or email for pricing:
Todd- 585-802-6437
Bryan- 585-545-8803
SodusBoatStorage@yahoo.com

Hurry the building will fill up fast so call now to reserve your spot.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
RV water.jpg

boat.jpg

bike.jpg

yjanray

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thought the 'sank a little' part is classic.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/boa/1389371171.html

new distributor, fuel pump, but boat was wrecked and it did sink a little. southern drawl trailer drive on. the trailer is worth that so you are getting a free wrecked boat how bout them apples. $550 obo call me robbie678-773-5470

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That's a good one yjanray. I don't think there's such thing as "a little bit" sunk :)

That notwithstanding, that actually isn't a bad deal. There's easily more than $500 worth of parts + the trailer there.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I agree . . . excellent one to part out ^^^^

fishrdan

Admiral

55hp Johnson outboard motor has been sitting , it needs a starter. Comes w boat which is a reinell, there is no paperwork on either the boat or trailer
The boat was abandoned so a title shouldn't be to hard to get.
model # 55es69c
serial # j2994682
asking $350.00

3na3ob3l95O75T85Re99tc38f219f93291a87.jpg

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/1398448307.html

moonfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's hard to find the funnies. I guess I believe people too much.

-----------------------------------------------------------

14ft lowell alum. v bottom/wth trailer - $700 (des moines)
Date: 2009-09-06, 10:53AM CDT
Reply to: sale-jupz3-1361010332@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

has two motors ,fish finder,plus troil motor 1983 lowell one motor jonhson 6hp needs new carp. rod for running should run about 25.00 to nomore then a 100.00 other then that it is in great shape for the year the other motor is about a 1960 something just needs cleaned up was bought for me

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I saw an ad yesterday that said "hit the lotto, bought a new boat. This one's got to go". I was jealous :)

steddy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This might be a little off topic, but can you guys take a look at my ad and tell me what you think? I want the best ad I can make. I used some of the guidelines in this thread, but would like a few opinions. I know the price is a little high (hopefully not too high to deter), but I want wiggle room.

http://muskegon.craigslist.org/boa/1391076940.html

"For sale is a 1988 Chaparral 178 XL open bow boat. This thing is about as immaculate as can be. The vinyl has a few tiny tears (repaired w/patch material), and the hull has a few scratches and dings from learning how to drive a boat. It has always been garaged when not in use. Hour meter shows 308 hours (80 of those are what we put on it), and the gas tank is currently full (about 15 - 18 gallons, I think), which may change as it is taken on sea trials with potential buyers. We've had this boat for 3 seasons now, and have not had any major issues. Clean, reliable, and fuel efficient. Insurance only costs me about $170/year. Great family fun!!!

Includes boat, EZ Loader trailer w/new tires & spare tire & power winch w/manual backup, newer Sony AM/FM CD Player & speakers, newer VHF radio (Uniden), fish/depth finder (Garmin), stern light, bimini top w/extra hardware, bumpers, jackets, dock lines, anchor, fire extinguisher, flares, teak swim platform, newer reconditioned prop, electronic ignition.

There are 2 soft spots in the doghouse engine cover: under a cup holder and at the base (pretty typical for most of these boats), but floor is 100% solid with no rot evident anywhere. The tach reads accurately 95% of the time. The trim gauge stopped working reliably last year, but the power trim itself always works. None of the above problems affect the function or performance of the boat.

This thing is CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!!!! Must see to appreciate!!!!!! E-mail tedallseasonsrv.com@hotmail.com

See Keywords:
Mercury Sea Ray Volvo Penta Thompson Bass Tracker Bayliner party barge evinrude johnson bowrider bow rider inboard outboard engine motor master craft Honda pontoon john boat flat bottom sea doo yamaha kawasaki jet ski mariah crownline speed boston whaler carver hatteras ski dock shore land'r yacht"

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ad's a bit long - you can probably take out some of it and mention it instead when the buyers come for a look.

Nice looking boat!