Fuel tank to fuel line connection problems

Jesse G

Recruit
Hey everyone
I have a 97 Nissan NS5B and I have a problem connecting the fuel tank to the fuel line. I did buy a new tank because mine had a leak and I was able to check the fuel **** to make sure it was not leaking either. now the problem is the female part that is on the fuel tank is too big to fit on the fuel **** to where it doesn't seal and just falls off. I feel like im missing a part that should connect the 2 components together, if anyone has a solution ill be happy to hear it. thanks for your help

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
The fuel tank has a male barb sticking out. The fuel **** would be considered the female. The fuel **** has a screw that tightens it up to the fuel tank. If you are missing that screw/band then you need a new fuel ****.

pvanv

Admiral
The fuel tank has a male barb sticking out. The fuel **** would be considered the female. The fuel **** has a screw that tightens it up to the fuel tank. If you are missing that screw/band then you need a new fuel ****.
Yes. See:
002-21005-6_FIG13.JPG

Unless you are talking about an external tank hookup (M5BS), then the external hookup looks like this:

002-21005-6_FIG14.JPG

Last edited: