Fuel tank Capacity

Stupaw6317

Recruit
Hi All, I just bought a 95 Cherokee 107 to restore, having trouble finding info for this model, Wanting to know the fuel capacity? Thx in Advance.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Good luck funding anything on capacity online. I removed some panels in my boat to access the fuel tank inlet, there is normally a tag giving all information about your tank including capacity..

Stupaw6317

Recruit
Good luck funding anything on capacity online. I removed some panels in my boat to access the fuel tank inlet, there is normally a tag giving all information about your tank including capacity..
Thx, Pulled back deck, Found tag, Skyline industries Tank 14gal

Hi All, I just bought a 95 Cherokee 107 to restore, having trouble finding info for this model, Wanting to know the fuel capacity? Thx in Advance.
Can you measure the length, width, and height of the tank??
If so, multiply those numbers (eg. 42x24x20) then divide by 231. That will give you the number of gallons.

I am just an E-5, but the manufacturer is required to label the tank where the label can be seen. Again, an example 42" x 24" x 12" =12,096 now divide by 231 and you get approximately 52.37 gallons.

airshot

Rear Admiral
I am just an E-5, but the manufacturer is required to label the tank where the label can be seen. Again, an example 42" x 24" x 12" =12,096 now divide by 231 and you get approximately 52.37 gallons.
That works great if you can get to the tank for measurements. On my boat, the whole floor would need removed to get dimensions. Thank heaven the ID tag was still there even though I ran mine empty then filled it ....that got me close until I found the tag. I did use the dimensions to get capacity on my Motor Home water tank and fuel tank though !!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Uhhhh OP answered his on thread in post #3 & 4