Fuel system question

elark7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I read several posts on here and went through the manual but now have a different problem. My 1998 FICHT 175 was giving me intermittent check engine alarms. Code 37 was found, water in fuel, so I ran all of the gas out of the tank, over three trips to the lake. I changed the fuel filter/water seperator and got new gas. Now the check engine light comes on right away and stays on, where before it would come on after a while then go off then come back on then go off, and on and on. There were a few times that it did not come on at all. I have no performance lose or other trouble lights. I attempted to pull the codes, by watching the light flash but it will not flash. Even when I just turn the key to run the light stays on. With the throttle at full WOT the light comes on with the key turned but stays on. I did not mess with anything else and there is just the one wire going to the bottm of the filter. Anyone have any ideas as to where I might check? I looked at buying the diagnostic dvd and cord, but the cord will not plug into my laptop. Any thoughts are appreciated.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Fuel system question

OMC did have some probs with their tachs back in those days with lights staying on and there was nothing wrong with the mtr. Food for thought.