Fuel pump help!!!!!!

Fiberformboatowner

Seaman Apprentice
I have a Johnson v6 200 hp outboard and the round cover on the fuel pump that the line runs into has cracked due to the extremely cold winter this year pump works great its just leaking a lot of gas out of that cracked cover ive tried to locate a replacement cover with no luck searched all over the web been to countless different part stores im even okay with just replacing the whole thing but I cant even find a replacement fuel pump am I SOL? or am I just crazy?? :facepalm:

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: Fuel pump help!!!!!!

depending on how big the crack i you should put some high strength fuel resistance heat resistance epoxy on it

rrw

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea there are several good products out there, just make sure the area around the crack is really clean and dry. Scuffing it up a little wouldn't hurt either.

pn

Petty Officer 1st Class

are you talking about a vro pump or the dual pump cover with the bolt in the middle. you can buy dual pumps on ebay all day long. about 40-55 a piece i'd run two on your motor.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

You might tell us the year of the motor. Did you look on the crowleymarine web site for a replacement?

If you want to try fixing it, use some MarineTex epoxy putty. Clean the area well with Acetone first.

Fiberformboatowner

Seaman Apprentice

It's a 1977 and I would rather replace it rather then just put apoxy on it I know someone that can plastic weld I might have that done and its the dual fuel pump set up I don't have a vro pump

Fiberformboatowner

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks cris that was probably the only marine site I didn't check and I found that single part for the pump the help is appreciated ;)

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

That round fuel inlet cap with the screw in the middle is still sold by Bombardier. 433518. About $ 15.