Fuel Pump @8.5 volts

96RinkerCaptiva212

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello all - I tried to get some good research in before posting but feel like I'm missing something. This forum helped me install a new 5.7 from Rapido Marine about 5 years ago in my 96 Rinker. Still can't thank you guys enough!

I ran into some skin cancer last summer and had some stuff cut out so I left the boat parked. I'm now trying to get it up and running for sone late summer cruising and moving all the parts so I don't hit year 2 down. The boat ran like crap on startup, spilling fuel out the carb vent tubes (4 bl). I replaced needles and seats and adjusted float, same problem. Installed fuel pressure gauge and found 18 psi. Regulator in electric pump had failed/stuck apparently. Rapido did not have a block with mechanical fuel pump opening (668 block I think). That's why I'm on a Carter. Anyway, replaced with new pump. BOAT RAN FLAWLESS for 10 mins with 4 psi so I was excited of course for some water action!!

After 10 mins, started slowly losing fuel pressure down to 1 so I killed it. Replaced water fuel separator. No luck. Put old fuel pump back on (regulator stuck open) and nothing. I found that the power wire to pump was getting 6-7 volts. I thought the oil pressure switch was bad. Replaced that and now I'm seeing 8.5 volts to pump power. I keep seeing something about a relay doing the crank/start delivery rather than power coming from oil pressure switch. I cannot find a relay anywhere nor do I recall installing one when I flipped to electric pump and the boats been running great for 5 years. I see a 50 amp main circuit breaker but that has a slave solenoid attached onto the same bracket. Am I simply just into bad wires?? What else would power the pump on initial crank other than the oil pressure switch then?? The power wire for the pump, I Unplugged from oil pressure switch pole "p" and no ohms resistance.

I also see something about 3 fuses but I don't think that's my setup. Seems like slightly newer than 96. Anyway, just scratching my head now guys and asking for some help on what to identify next.

96RinkerCaptiva212

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I also have this which I never utilized if I need to modify my original wiring. It has 5 terminals. 3 red wires are terminals 1/3/4. The blue wire is terminal 2. Black is 5. Not sure how to wire this up at all. Seems I could tap into the slave solenoid for power? What wires would I hook up to if this is a better power circuit than what ive ran off of in the past20220826_200942.jpg20220826_201105.jpg