Fuel line

Quadruplecccc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
After many diff. repairs being done, it was time to take her out and give it a go and see how she runs. All went even better than anticipated on the water.
UNTIL: we stopped at gas station to fuel up and began to smell gas fumes. Further investigation showed that the gas tank fill hose deteriorated and was leaking fuel into bottom of boat.
Made 20 phone calls locally to find fuel line 1 1/2" in diam. and 6' long. (nothing at auto parts stores)
Found some online @ wholesale marine for about 8bucks a foot. I'm almost scared to ask the local marine shop what they charge for such a thing , but will give it a try on Mon.
Anyone have a suggestion on where to find such fuel line for a descent price ? Thanx

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: Fuel line

After many diff. repairs being done, it was time to take her out and give it a go and see how she runs. All went even better than anticipated on the water.
UNTIL: we stopped at gas station to fuel up and began to smell gas fumes. Further investigation showed that the gas tank fill hose deteriorated and was leaking fuel into bottom of boat.
Made 20 phone calls locally to find fuel line 1 1/2" in diam. and 6' long. (nothing at auto parts stores)
Found some online @ wholesale marine for about 8bucks a foot. I'm almost scared to ask the local marine shop what they charge for such a thing , but will give it a try on Mon.
Anyone have a suggestion on where to find such fuel line for a descent price ? Thanx

Uuuum, here at iboats? $5.70 a foot?
http://www.iboats.com/Shields-Fire-...44150172--**********.226424011--view_id.45038

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Got any good race shops around? That's where I would go car racing shops I mean....

paw2000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Call around and see if there is a hydraulic shop nearby, they will carry wire re-enforced hoses and will have the proper A2 rating for fuel fill. My boat uses 2 3/8 fuel fill hose (gas not diesel) and was anywhere from 18-26 buck a foot, found it on ebay at $3 per foot, bought enough to carry a spare.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Working with 1.5? filler hose is like wrestling with an anaconda. Depending on you installation, you might better off paying the extra money and getting the corrugated fill hose. Cut my installation time and frustration levels in half.

Quadruplecccc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok, just ordered it from local marine shop. turns out they were in the ball park at around 8bucks a foot. Till I add shipping on from online sale, it comes out close and also he will have it by Wed. morning.
It's getting to the point that I am willing to pay a litlle extra if I can just get the parts quick and get this done so I can hopefully put an end to all the fixin instead of all the fishin. Thanx for your suggestions. You've all been teaching me alot just by reading all the posts .( read & learn!)

NHGuy

Captain

Don't forget the grounds and reinstall both the clamps on each end of the hose. Safety standard is double clamps. In fact with the fill hose rotted you'd be smart to replace the fuel hose & vent hose too. Also clean up the anti siphon valve and the tank vent with carb cleaner. It's 40 to 60 bucks worth of stuff, but smart money.