Fuel leak on Johnson 150

eandkatthebeach

Seaman Apprentice
HI folks,
I have a 2001 Johnson 150, I have fuel coming out of the fuel rail(bracket) that goes into the top carb on the starboard side of the engine. I believe there are 2 O-rings that go on the part that go into the carb based on the diagram of the fuel section I found on the internet and I think they dried out over the winter. At least that what Im hoping it is... Anyone know how you replace them? Are they just press fit on that part of the fuel rail? What holds the fuel rail against the carb so it doesn't leak by the O ring???
Thanks - appreciate any info you may have

eandkatthebeach

Seaman Apprentice
Ok - figured it out, so will post this for any others with a similar problem, fuel rail is held to carbs by metal clips. Removed the top clip with a flat head screwdriver and loosend the second clip. Was then able to pull top fuel rail out of carb it was feeding. Yes there are two 0 rings on the one inch or so part of the fuel rail that goes inside the carb. one of mine had a nick in it, causing the leak. Each of the o rings fit into a groove on the fuel bracket, the third groove is for the metal clip to hold the fuel rail tightly against the carbs. Hope that helps some one else out there.