Fuel issue

Jugfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Fuel issue

Ha, I never would have thought of that. The one you would have me turn is at the to the right of the carbs and I am guessing and I turn then 1/4 counter clockwise to richen right?

Jugfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

OK I am going out of town for the weekend but I wll try to get this done on monday so I can let yall know.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Counter clockwise to richen..... It's a fuel screw, not an air screw!!

dvalcourt

Cadet

Jugfisher... this sounds very similar to my problem so please let us know if you get this working and most importantly how! ;P

achris

Brass screw at the top of the carb.... From memory there are 2 carbs on those engines...

Chris.......................
(I will be at work for the next 3 months and don't have internet access, so good luck)

sailingwest

Seaman

jug i think you may be married to my wifes sister ,why have you paid for the engine repairs ? seems to me you should be banging on the door of your mechanic or better still send your wife to give him an ear bashing ,best of luck Jim B

stp242

Cadet

link and sync procedure for merc inline are in the FAQ section.

achris

link and sync procedure for merc inline are in the FAQ section.

This is not a link and sync problem, this is a straight fuel mixture problem. Just open the mixture screws 1/4 turn and all will be like new.....

Chris............

w2much

Lieutenant

Men and Mercs often have this problem. Certainly your bowls could be the problem, especialy if you have not checked them. Spend the 40.00, but wash her car first. That has worked for me in the past.

Jugfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I drained all gas and replaced with new and turned idle screws 1/4 turn and tested boat. It seemed to run a little sluggish at first but it seemed to run ok after it warmed up a little. I still cant run it WOT b/c I havnt got 10 hours on it since rebuild. I will keep running it and let yall know how it turns out. Oh and the reason i am not beating on my mechanics door is b/c I moved across the state.