Fuel Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

96lt4c4

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fuel Injection

Hey 96,
Your conversion looks pretty well engineered to me. I wonder if you could go into more detail about your o2 sensor setup. I have a stock big block carbed chevy with volvo marinization that I would love to be able to monitor my fuel ratios with as I tweak it for a little more milage in these stressful times. :)

TollyWally

Thanks,

Well to tell you the truth I haven't had much time to see if it works. It hasn't been on the water since I did the conversion. Right now I have the 02 sensor in the exhaust side of the EGR valve. While running it in the drive way I am able to data log and look at the 02 sensor voltage. The sensor needs the exhaust to flow over it to get a good reading, which is not happening in the EGR port. I can tell by watching the 02 voltage. Its not swinging like it suppose too. Mkos1980 bought some GLM aluminum manifolds that have 02 ports over the #1 and #2 cylinders. This would probably be the way to go. You could run the sensor for the ECM on one side and a wide band 02 in the other. I may end up going this route myself.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fuel Injection

and with the update, this one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.