fuel gauge not working

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: fuel gauge not working

The panel in front is for your trolling motor,so it should operate with boat off, key off.that volt gauge in front is for your trolling battery. with a test light hooked up to purple and black at fuel gauge,test light shoud light with key on. If not either black or purple is open. open could be not coonected on other end,blown fuse,purple. or wire is bad somewhere. first find out if you have power and ground at gauge(fuel)

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Gauges get their power for the "A" (accessory) terminal on the ignition switch which is why they work only when the key is in the RUN position. That terminal connects to the "I" or (+) terminal on one gauge and is then jumpered to the next and the next etc. Ground and light wires work the same way. The panel at the front of your boat is for the trolling motor. The trim switch is simply paralleled with the trim switch on the motor and the throttle lever. Nothing to do with gauges. The voltmeter is also tied to the troller batteries as your boat is wired for 12 or 24 volt troller motors.

scorpionfs

Seaman

thx,now that i get back under the steering again i notice the purple wire is just rolled up and not connected as seen in next pic ,there is not a spot on acc so ill just tag onto an exist wire coming from the same port.i have a couple other ones on my album dont seem like they want to load to here.i get this connected maybe it will get some of the other stuff to working pumps and runnin lights.

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 0
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 0