From Monticello to....

Saltkjelen

Seaman
Hello,

I bought my first Doral in March 2006 in a Norwegian boat conference. The dealer told me i could get the boat in May 2006, but no! The boats was not finish at the dealer in Canada. I waited and waited. In July was the boat sent with a ship to Norway and in August month, the boat was here. It was the happiest day in my life and my Monticello was on the water two days later. I had some few beautiful months with the boat before i had to take it up for the winter season. The boat was on the sea in April 2007 and this is the best boat i ever had, i just love it!.

For a few days ago called the dealer at me. I was one of the first Doral owners in Norway and the called me because they wanted to give my a Prestancia cheaper than other customers. I said yes and now i will get the new boat at 07.07.2007! I can't wait for the telephone call from the dealer! :D

Here is some few pictures of my Monticello and the new 2007 Prestancia...

B_ten_666.jpg

B_ten_670.jpg

And here is my new Prestancia.. :D

aaa.jpg

My next boat will definitely be a Doral, maybe Intriuge or Elegante? ;)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: From Monticello to....

Firstly welcome to iboats.
Your Monticello is indeed a beautiful boat. They are certainly worth the wait. The best looking boats available in my opinion. Great news on the new Prestancia, you are sure to love that one as well. Please post many pictures of your boats and i will enjoy looking at them. I own a much smaller and older Doral but the family love ours as well. I will ceretainly be looking at the Doral make when we upgrade a little.
Hope you have a great time with it and I look forward to your next posts.

Saltkjelen

Seaman

Thank you, kenmyfam! :)

I had actually never heard about Doral before the conference in Norway. I think the Doral boats looks very good to and they have much more quality than Bavaria mm. Doral has a beautiful finish on their boats and i like that. I'm sure the Prestancia will be a good boat, I can't wait for it.. I will post some more pictures in a new post! :D

Saltkjelen

Seaman

The quality of this table was bad! :mad:
aau.jpg

Here is the new table.. :D
70084722pf2.jpg

59454245dp5.jpg

Saltkjelen

Seaman

And here is some few pictures of the boat first times in Norway

aam.jpg

aaa.jpg

aah.jpg

aai.jpg

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Wow, Thanks for all the photos. There is just something about the look of the Doral's that i like so much. Shame about the table. If you have any concerns with anything you should let them know about it. They pride themselves on quality and a satisfied customer. Who knows how many sales they may get over there in Norway by people seeing your boat and you telling them you are very happy with it.
I look forward to seeing your new boat pics. By the way, you seem to live in a beautiful country looking at the backgrounds of your photos.
I will be around for a few more days but will be leaving (with our boat) on vacation and will be back on line around the 21st July.
I have never been to Norway but would love to visit. I am originally from England but have been in Canada for the last 18 years. I have visited U,S.A. France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Tenerife, Ibiza, Dominican Republic, South Korea and Japan. Would love to visit your country some day.

Saltkjelen

Seaman

I'm sure the dealer know about the table. They newest modell and the Prestancia have a other table and new table leg. The dealer sell much Doral in Norway. The exhibition at the dealer is for a long time ago sold out. (Monticello, Prestancia, Intiuge, 190 Sunquest, 210 Sunquest, 265 Elite and much more). I actually agree. Norway is a beautiful country, but it is little to cold at the winter season. You have to take a trip to Norway! I will post some more pictures of Norway if you want.

abt.jpg

abs.jpg

abr.jpg

aax.jpg

aaw.jpg

acs.jpg

Saltkjelen

Seaman

The winter season is a hard time for us norwegian people at the mountain. (for us without 4 wheel driver (4X4)).. You can look at the pictures and i am sure you will see ;)

abz.jpg

acd.jpg

67126126gp0.jpg

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

The winter photos look very much like Canada. I am going away with the family for a week to our cottage in a couple of days then to Japan for a week on a business trip. I will post some of my "cottage country" photos when I get back and also some of our winter photos.
You have to be careful without the 4 wheel drive in the winter eh !!!!
We have a Ford Windstar minivan that does the trailering and hauling and a Pontiac Grand Prix which is our "best" car that my wife and I use generally. Looks like you have a nice car !!!
Thanks for posting the photos. My boating season in Canada is from May till mid October. How about you ???

Saltkjelen

Seaman

Thank you. Yes, it's difficult to drive at the montain/cottage at the winter when it is so much snow. A day in January month was it 2 meters with snow at the road. It will be nice to see some pictures of "Over there" to.. :) I starting the boat season here in Norway late in April month and end it in October month. The boat was out to late in October/beginning of November. We didn't had snow here before January month. We had actually a green Christmas.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Your boating season sounds about the same length as ours then. Like i said I will post photos from our cottage trip both summer and winter for you to see. Not many mountains around the area I live. Mainly flat.

Saltkjelen

Seaman

Yes, i think so. Pictures from your cottage will be good :)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I will be back out here in a couple of weeks after my trip. Happy boating and I hope all goes well with the new one.
Ken

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

We sure hope to. Talk when we get back.

Saltkjelen

Seaman

I will post some more pictures after the weekend. I going to my Prestancia now :D