Lieutenant Commander
20fujo
<br />.<br />. <br />
20fukj
<br />.<br />. <br />
20ful5
<br />.<br />.<br />. <br />
20fup4
<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />These are billboards on the north east side of Madison, WI. <br /><br />Good Luck in Oakland Randy .. :p

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Friday Foto .....

Good luck? I hope he falls flat on his face....or something....in Oakland.<br /><br />Don't get me wrong, I know he is a good player, just not a good sportsman IMO.<br /><br />Cool signs, though. Thanks for posting them Barlow.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I hear ya Sanger!<br /><br />I'm actually hoping for the best for him.. a different kind of guy thats for sure!<br /><br />no prob on getting these on here.. they've been up for a while now on a road I take to one of my tackle haunts near Lake Mendota.<br /><br />btw- what a screw job Red did on the trade negotiations, huh!? - Napoleon Harris and a 7th round pick!? :rolleyes: <br /><br />"Cheers to mediocrity "

sangerwaker

Commander

Yup, not the smartest trade on Red's part. I know we need help on the defense, but trading Moss for what we got was not the answer IMO.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Even with Moss, the Raiders are no better than .500 next year.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Even with Moss, the Raiders are no better than .500 next year.
But the Vikes are not even gonna make the play-offs now, they got screwed in that trade...HARD.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> But the Vikes are not even gonna make the play-offs now, they got screwed in that trade...HARD.
I don't know when his contract was up but they might have wanted to get something now rather than nothing later. The Vikes were going nowhere anyway with him. Something missing on that team to take them beyond 9-5 and first or second round in the playoffs.<br /><br />I think sports history will record that Randy, Alan Iverson, Mike Vic and a host of others from professional sports like them, will be noted as great at their positions, but losers in terms of taking their team to championships. These guys are not team players.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by KaGee:<br />
Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> But the Vikes are not even gonna make the play-offs now, they got screwed in that trade...HARD.
Something missing on that team to take them beyond 9-5 and first or second round in the playoffs.<br /><br />I think sports history will record that Randy, Alan Iverson, Mike Vic and a host of others from professional sports like them, will be noted as great at their positions, but losers in terms of taking their team to championships. These guys are not team players.
Agree to a point Kagee but, ole Red was $30 million under the salary cap, Tice is the lowest paid head coach in the NFL and seeing as Red bought the team for $246 million in '98 and is selling it for $625 million in '05 tells a tale of financial success/greed.. NOT a tale of the desire to win a title which would promote a more "healthy" situation all around (just my perspective).<br /><br />30 million under cap with arguably the best offense in the league and a defense that was malnourished (and injured beyond recognition). I say, "something stinks in the petunias!".<br /><br />"They're" saying that Plaxico Buress' agent is talking with the team right now.. I don't know what to think about that one..

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

:)OTAY, KAGEE. That got my wife in here, I was laughing so danged hard :D

gonfishn

Commander

Always have been a Vikes fan..Will still be even though next year they may only go 5 and 9 on the ricter scale..

sangerwaker

Commander

Here's a wrench to toss in. If you were a buyer for the Vikes, would you still pay 625 mil for the team without Moss? My take is that financially, the team is worht less without him. If I were buying the team (don't I wish), I would argue the value of the team is less without Moss.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

wow sanger.. yea thats a wrench alright .. hmmmm.. need to think about that a second or two tho

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

My thoughts are that MAYBE the hamstring injury MIGHT be more long term than WE know.So getting him out now while he is still somewhat marketable could be the wise thing to do.<br /><br />>>>>>>>HAPPY BOATING DREAMS<<<<<<<

sangerwaker

Commander

Hadn't thought of that aspect, Bart. I have to admit, I'm not sorry to see him go, I just wish we would have gotten more for him.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

yea.. bart I hadn't considered the injury as much of a possibility but, it'd be one to consider. Generally speaking in terms of the type of injury (hammy) they heal with a wierd twist.. the muscle itself is normally repairing itself in a stretched state.. giving a range of movement that is longer then before the injury (if rehabed correctly of course).<br /><br />looking at his ability the last few games of the season beating the CB's he did into the endzone overhead and vertically - I'm thinking that after this off season he'll be A-OK. but who knows.<br /><br />you do bring to light the 'unknown' possibilities Bart. Ya never know! Fowler and Red might have made the decision already due to Fowler's (possible) plans.. good boss, bad boss thing ..?? who knows.<br /><br />waiting to see what becomes of this Plaxico Buress thing as well as Kelly Campbell's arrest that he's up against drugs and weapons charges.. the idiot! :rolleyes: <br /><br />also thinking Micheal Bennett's days are numbered too .. cut some weight and give Mewelde Moore the ball.!!?? or give Bennett some smaller shoulder pads and move him into the slot to use that world class speed..??<br /><br />whatchya think?

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

The Bennett move could help immensely and I don't recall Moore having a bad day when he was in for the whole game.As for the incoming players they still have to make the team.IE-learn the team system.Then we will take it from there.<br /><br />Another possibility is that Culpepper can feed the smaller egos of ALL the other receivers with that I believe 80% that was supposed to be for "WHATS HIS NAME".<br /><br />Either way preseason is five months away with all types of media coverage to keep us SEMI informed.I can't wait!!<br /><br />>>>>>>>HAPPY BOATING DREAMS<<<<<<<

Twidget

Commander

The Vikings received inside linebacker Napoleon Harris, a 2005 first-round pick - the seventh overall selection - and a seventh-round pick in 2005 from the Raiders for Moss.
The way I read this, they didnt do so badly. The seventh overall pick, a former first rounder(possible bust though) and an throwaway pick.<br /><br />Still not as bad as their Hershell Walker trade. :)

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to say so guys but you are waaaaaaaay too into this subject. Randy Moss? Come on, it's almost baseball season! :p :D