fresh water flush connection?

Dawgs

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1998 evinrude 130. I would like to install a garden hose connection to flush the engine after i use it in saltwater. I can eun it on the ears but thats nit what i want to do. I want to hook a hose up to flush it. Is this possible on this motor?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: fresh water flush connection?

On the 60* mtrs they come standard. On your mtr I wouldn't know how to do it. Maybe somebody else has an idea.

durban

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: fresh water flush connection?

just a suggestion . if you get the drawing for the leg , you will see on the left hand side top corner there are 2 squares the left square is the inlet , i would drill&tap & fit a brass L-fitting in there back end of the leg then on the bottom cowling i would fit a garden hose fitting & then connect the 2 fittings with a piece of tube & in the tube fit a valve .

how this will work is when you want to flush the motor with the hose connect it to the side of the cowling open that valve you fitted ,turn hose on start motor the water will go in the impeller will pump it through the motor , when you finished close that valve you fitted & disconnect garden hose , if you going to sea make sure the valve you fitted is closed otherwise the water will pump out through the garden hose fitting ,i would do this