Four Winns Surf White - Anyone have a RAL/Pantone colour ref? It's a Vista 238

kwik_uk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I posted on here (even though I'm following GT1000's projec with avid interest!).

Essentially I need to some help identifying the RAL/Pantone/West etc gelcoat colour of my dads '98 Four Winns Vista 238 (HIN# US-FWNCP128A898)

Four Winns have said it's "Surf White" and pointed me to spectrumcolor.com to buy the gelcoat.
I spoke to a very helpful lady, Sabrinae@spectrumcolor.com who informed me that they stock the colour and it could be found in the link attached.

The problem is I live in the UK, and shipping for $230 of gelcoat would be $270 shipping, then tax, then import tax to the UK. Expensive!

I'm building a swim deck for the boat and have just finished the plug ready to mould.

Can anyone help with a RAL/Pantone/West Systems/etc colour reference to Spectrum/Four Winns Surf White?

I really want to make this look good for him, and when it's finished it's going to be very helpful for getting himself, my mother and their dogs onto the boat (they're not getting any younger, but shhh, you didn't hear me say that :gossip:)

Here is a picture of our waxed plug for anyone who's interested in such things. It's a ply construction all round. No foam, just filler, Durabuild resin primer, and a LOT of sanding! And what feels like even more waxing!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Here's the deal with GelCoat and Old Boats. The effects of the sun, water, and years have faded the gelcoat to such a degree that even if you were able to get the Spectrum gelcoat locally and mixed it up, it would not match what's on the boat now. You will have to get White Gelcoat and then some other colors to mix and then the fun begins. Mixing a very very very little bit at a time a taking meticulous notes you start mixing and matching until you discover the correct ratios of colors that will give you the right color match and then it still will not be right because after it totally dries it will change colors and then again after a week or two in the sun it will change again. Gelcoat matching is truly an ART and there are very few people that can do it and do it well. Best advice, get some white Gelcoat locally and other colors mix it as close as you can, make the platform and get it on the water and have fun.