forgot to hook up fresh water flush

poni302

Seaman Apprentice
I made a mistake and didn't check to make sure the fresh water flush was hooked up . I took the boat out for a few hours running and drifting and then back to dock . its a 2003 yamaha 200 2stroke . it didnt seem to do anything .i noticed it when i went to flush the engine . did i do damage to my engine and just havent seen it yet?
thanks

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: forgot to hook up fresh water flush

you blew it up.
ill give 21cents a pound for it.

no worries, you may have had a bit lower water presure but with a well maintained system it can handle it.

mbmxyz

Recruit
Re: forgot to hook up fresh water flush

Lucky you. I have a 2000 Suzuki 200dt efi outboard. On my last trip out, I did not notice that the hose clamp holding the flushing hose (which goes from the top of the water jacket to the flushing port on the lower engine cover) to the flush connector was missing. I was running wot when the warning buzzer sounded, the engine limiter kicked in and the engine shut down. When I pulled off the engine cover, the engine compartment was full of warm sea water, as was the engine. The flushing hose had come off the flush connector and filled the inside of the engine compartment with sea water from the water jacket. The engine shut down when the water level reached the throttle assembly. Not good.