Force 85 sent to try me (set - up issue)

Craig cK

Seaman
Could somebody confirm that I'm doing the right thing (or otherwise). I've spent hours trying to set this thing up and have run out of ideas. I can't seem to be able to achieve a 'tick-over' and also full throttle - it's one or the other!<br /><br />Right, I've been diconnecting the morse throttle connection to start. Then I've tried adjusting with the throttle open, also tried with tick-over completely closed.<br /><br />Have I missed something?<br /><br />Do I need to re-tune with the tickover right down? I doubt it though - I have it pretty well tuned - runs sweet at low rpm.<br /><br />I just really don't know what to do!<br /><br />All help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Force 85 sent to try me (set - up issue)

Craig, I thought morse controls have differant settings on the levers to change the throw on their boxes. Many years ago on some mercrusiers we would have to lengthen the levers on morse and teleflex boxes by welding a peice in them to get them to shift

monkeyboi

Seaman

what does "tick-over" mean?<br /><br />maybe this has stumped would-be repliers

Craig cK

Seaman

Sorry, I was catogorising all cable controls as morse - it is a standard Force control. 'Tick-over' being idle - sorry!<br /><br />I would have thought that the correct way to set up the engine is to start with the cables disconnected, get everything perfect, then connect them?