Force 125 l drive. Fuel.....

So, I got this 89 force 125 l drive , just rebuilt it , ran in driveway for over a hour on muffs over the past few days. well I pulled the plugs today and inspected them to see how it is running . And found that cylinders 2 and 4 don't seem to be getting any fuel/lubrication. I'm pretty sure I got it all plumbed correctly , anyone have any ideas or diagrams ? I blew into the recirc lines, and I found that the ones going into the manifolds by the carbs apparently I can't blow through, should I be able to? Is that the problem ?

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
What lead you to believe the two cylinders aren't getting any fuel?

Cylinders 2 and 4 were very dry and had some ring / piston deposits on the plug. Beings it wasn't ran for Long it still passes a compression test. But plugs 1 and 3 had fuel deposits, while 2 and 4 are either getting no fuel at all or running extremely lean, reeds check out fine too

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
If it's starting and running, then your probably getting fuel.
​The 125 doesn't start very good unless all 4 cyl. are firing.
​Each carb supplies 2 cyl. there's no way it can not get fuel to both cyl.
​Unless the reeds are blocked off???????but you said they were ok.

​What's "ring/ piston deposits" ?

Like , parts of this piston or rings baked onto the plug, don't know how else to explain that. All I know is cylinders 2 and 4 seem to be running very lean.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Pics??
Pics of the recirc lines?
​Some lines are one way, depending on the location.
​If they were open the fuel would just flow back and forth and not return to be reused.
Start it and spray starting fluid around the entire motor.
​Not into the carbs but everywhere especially on the intake side.

If it changes the way it runs?? then it's sucking air and causing a lean condition??

I've figured out that I have the recirc lines hooked up correctly , from what I understand in the manual I should be able to blow into the intake and cylinder sides , but should not be able to blow into the Dogbone. I'm going to scope the cylinder here in a couple hours to check damage done so far. And I'll check for a air leak after that. Also I did notice that the coil packs have a couple that are arcing accross each other and some to the motor , thinking that may also be a major part of the problem. Might dip them in a rubberized tool dip and see if that solves it, if not shouldn't a typical 2 wire coil work just fine? Noticed that new ones are like 120ea, and I could get 4 new very good coils and remote locate them for that price lol, any information is highly appreciated

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
If everything's arcing like you said??
​Then I'd look for a loose ground or bad connection somewhere.

A 2 wire coil?

The coils are all over e-bay.
Saw a complete ignition system for $100 a while back.

The rubber coating might help.
I use shrink tube and liquid electric tape with good success.

Sent you a PM