For you hardcore fishermen...get a look at this "catch"!

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: For you hardcore fishermen...get a look at this "catch"!

I'm sure that hand isn't looking too sporty after being raked by those Grouper teeth.

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

this cat doesnt swim in waters where things live that can eat me. ill play on the beach and swim at the motel. i fish in a boat or an a bank. nothing against it. I AINT DOING IT!. living in a noodle legal state and being a die hard catfisherman. I WONT NOODLE! i dont like the idea behind pulling spawning fish from the nests first off and two i like my fingers. one good ol snapper and your short a couple. ive hogged turtles in my days sure. mainly back when beer was in control. but if i didnt know where his head was. i didnt even try.

kfa4303

Banned

Ahh come on, it's always more fun to go fishing when the fish can bite back. I know there's been several times when I've been in a boat smaller than the fish around me. It's good for you. Keeps things in perspective. Good 'ol Goliath Grouper there (aka "Jew" fish). Basically, just gigantic saltwater largemouth bass. They're legal to catch down here, but you can't take them out of the water, or harvest them. They're finally starting to make a come back after years of overfishing. Oh, and they get LOTS bigger than that!

perry barras

Petty Officer 2nd Class

friend of mine spear fishes a lot around oil platforms and he says hammer heads and blue sharks are always taking his catch! he says best thing to do let the boat chum away from the area your spear fishing LOL what a crazy funker!!!

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

Score one for the locals!

pscrabber59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Better to lose the fish rather than a hand!

Petty Officer 1st Class

My arms burn just watching that. Nice catch

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

ya had a friend on a fishing forum that caught a HUGE 300-350ish grouper not long ago. had a short line and hook in it where someone had broke off earlier. NO way im swimming with them.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/show...-is-my-biggest-fish-to-date&highlight=grouper

If you read the law to the letter it is illegal to molest the Goliath Grouper, this means intentionally targeting them and/or removing them from the water... even just for a pic.

kahuna123

Its always the free divers taking video of themselves. Wow aren't they special. Jewfish are becoming a real problem down here. You can go to just about any large structure and they are everywhere and you won't see much else. BS they don't eat everything in site. Especially lobster. You don't get to 400lbs and not eat.
We really need a tag system at least.

kahuna123

But after further review. That's not a jewfish. Its a potato grouper. The video was not taken in America.