For the Mods

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
I don't know how to privately contact any of the mods so I had to make a new topic...<br /><br />I've noticed that someone has been posting on this board using the exact same avatar that I last used before my avatar privileges were revoked, without warning. I have no problem with them using it, my problem lies in the fact that I lost all avatar privileges because I used it and some other member can use it without a word being said. I personally don't find it offensive and nobody else must either if the person is still using it. I thought maybe some people complained about it and thats why I couldn't use it, but that is obviously not the case and that still wouldn't explain why all my avatar privileges were revoked. It appears to me that I was singled out for no good reason, other than some people with the power to do these things don't like me. So whats the deal? Is the avatar only offensive if I use it?<br /><br />My email is mrbscott19@yahoo.com if you don't think this is the place to discuss it. In here, or in email, I'd love to know why.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: For the Mods

I had n/p with it either, but just wondering, in your profile, you can not select an avatar?<br />Of any kind? :confused:

JB

Can you be more specific, Scotty? What avatar? Who is using it now? Who told you that your avatar privileges were revoked?<br /><br />If you don't want to say here, just post a Report Post Email. That will go to all of the Mod Squad.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

The avatar is the picture of Dogbert screaming "Out, Out, demons of stupidity!". I'm not sure of the posters name at the moment. I didn't really care who it was, but I'll look for it. Below is what is in my profile. It's been like this since the day I changed my avatar to the dogbert one.<br /><br /> The administrator has locked your avatar. You may not change it.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

me thinks mrbs wants to mend his ways as he no longer has "fascist iboats sucks" in his profile info. he claimed the "" was in the profile because his avatar privileges were locked.

JB

Scotty, the Mod Squad works for Admin, not the other way around. Admin runs the show.<br /><br />Please take your questions and concerns to the "Contact Us" icon and address them to Admin.

oddjob

Commander

I saw that avitar yesterday...I thought it was funny.....But..If Scott was to fly it ....then I might be offended....lol :p

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

quote mrbs: "are you calling me a liar, pjc?" and "You know why I put that as my boat name? Because I posted an article from The Onion(a purely humorous site) and it was zapped because, well I'm not sure why. Some people found it offensive that the Middle East could ever be a democracy I guess. And then, I had my ability to use an avatar revoked not a week later because I used dogbert saying my favorite line from all of Dilbert as an avatar. I've posted the pic in another thread and nobody said a thing about it.....so why did my privileges get revoked? It's only offensive to stupid people. Must've been alot of people here complaining. "<br /><br />what specifically are you referring to sir?<br /><br />(additional quote added)

eeboater

Commander

Whoooo hang on - I'm thinking there is some mis-communication's goin on here. Before anything gets outa hand, perhaps everyone needs a shot of Jack's?<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Sean

aspeck

Staff member

mrb, I think I know the problem. Actually, it is not the demon of stupidity avatar that got you locked, but apparently the site you were getting it from decided to block you from using it and put another one in its place. It was rather obscene and gross. I remember, because it was the only time I ever reported a post. If you were still using the "Demon" avatar, then you did not change the avatar and quite possibly never realized that your avatar was switched.<br /><br />I am just guessing here, but the last avatar that was viewed here under your name was quite graphic. It had something to do with a rather large hole where the human body relieves itself of feces, FYI.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

aspecks opinion is very good. could be the scott got fubared by where ever his avatar image was linked to. makes sense.<br /><br />some isp offer "free" 10 meg or so of "storage" space on their sever for their customers. is a simple task to use wsftp or whatever to move files from your puter to the server. I do this, and images, etc, will always be available lest a server crash, etc occurs. Contact your isp to see if this is available to you if interested. :)