Floor repair on my '93 Starcraft Eurostar

Gunnerdogg

Recruit
Hey everyone. I probably should've done this about anfew years ago but time and other things got in the way. So, my boat is a 17' 1993 Starcraft Eurostar powered by an '01 Yamaha 115hp 2 stroke. The floor developed some cracks in the seams of the plywood decking about a year ago. As I peeled the deck off I noticed that the port side stringer was somewhat rotten. I'm planning on replacing the stringer to th bulkhead at the stern side of of the ski locker. It's rock solid there. The starboard side stringer is ok, I think. I've never tackled anything like this before. I'm competent with tools and basic carpentry. I've watched FriscoBoater's series of videos and am confident I can get this done. Here are some pics of my progress. Comments and suggestions welcome. Cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 0

Gunnerdogg

Recruit
Ok, so the port stringer up to the ski locker is out. Came out easy as it was pretty much rotten. I found some water trapped within the foam. Not sure how this boat is taking on water. Hull is sound and the tarps are good. I'm thinking it's the external cup holder which is at the base of the windshield so it's probably taking in the runoff. Going to use a flapper grinding wheel to get the little edges and smooth everything down. Here are some pics.