Flo-Torq Reflex drive fitment?

skyguy.r

Cadet
Hi All,
I recently replaced a propeller with a new style aluminum Quicksilver and the flo-torq reflex hub kit that came in the box with the prop. When torquing the nyloc nut, it went tight and turned no further regardless of torque. The resulting fit left almost 1/8 inch of axial in addition to the bearing preload springs. It is as if the plastic drive sleeve was a tad too long and the aluminum prop was never compressed between the thrust washer and aft washer. It is a 40 HP 1990 Mercury, and the hub kit is 835257Q12
Thinking this is a bad thing, I installed another similar prop and hub kit, both new, except prop had a slightly different pitch. Same results. I’m sure I assembled everything per instructions and that the plastic parts are mated properly
Is this a bad situation? I thought I would ask here before I contacted the vendor.
I appreciate any help.

alldodge

Staff member
Hi All,
I recently replaced a propeller with a new style aluminum Quicksilver and the flo-torq reflex hub kit that came in the box with the prop. When torquing the nyloc nut, it went tight and turned no further regardless of torque. The resulting fit left almost 1/8 inch of axial in addition to the bearing preload springs. It is as if the plastic drive sleeve was a tad too long and the aluminum prop was never compressed between the thrust washer and aft washer. It is a 40 HP 1990 Mercury, and the hub kit is 835257Q12
Thinking this is a bad thing, I installed another similar prop and hub kit, both new, except prop had a slightly different pitch. Same results. I’m sure I assembled everything per instructions and that the plastic parts are mated properly
Is this a bad situation? I thought I would ask here before I contacted the vendor.
I appreciate any help.

Have a look here and see if this helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4nTiGOcIvs

skyguy.r

Cadet
AllDodge,
A perfect reply! The video confirms all is well. Thanks for the link.