Flipping my boat BACK over..

jdp8488

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a bass boat I just painted.. The problem is I did not read enough on this forum before I flipped it over. I flipped it with the top cap off, and knew right off the bat that it was a bad idea, but we proceeded to flip it since it was already half way over. Cracked the wood strip that runs around the edge in a lot of places.. Well anyway, the boat has now been painted, and I cant flip it as carelessly as I did the first time. Don't want to sacrafice all of my hard work. The only thing I can think of is rent two cherry picker hoists, strap on the bow eye, and transom, jack it up, then roll it while it is dangling int he air. I just do not want to spend the money on the cherry pickers. Does any one else have any ideas or a cheap to build frame that I can use to hoist it up. I have no rafters or anything to use where I am working on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The bottom hull weighs about 1100LBS if that helps.

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Flipping my boat BACK over..

yes, lifting by the bow and transom hooks would be the easiest.(check out oops's hull esxtension post) If the cap is off you could use the screw holes and make a 2x4 structure inside to support, just run 2 lengthwise on each side, then like 3 or 4 across. that should keep it ridged, i guess the trick is doing that well its upsidedown.

how did you flip it is the first place?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

you dont need two cherry pickers.....just two trees and a come along.....just winch it till the hull is high enough in the air.....and gently roll it over......when its up in the air....you can even put the trailer under it.

jdp8488

Petty Officer 3rd Class

got it flipped and on the trailer, appreciate the help.