fishing report

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer
went yesterday with a guy from work, heres what we caught<br /><br />6 trout to 20"<br />8 spanish mackrel to 26"<br />4 cobia 38" 47" 48" 54"<br />2 shark 38", 7'8"<br />23 black bass<br />and to many short fish and blues to count<br />It was a day to be remembered.

gonfishn

Commander
Re: fishing report

Man someday I got to try some saltwater..one question here..What is a short fish and blues..?<br />Never have done salt here so have not a clue..

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I don't know if I should congragulate you or attribute my current bad mood to you...Uhm ...Congragulations; sure sounds like a fun day

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer

A short fish is one that is to short to keep and a blue is a blue runner

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yea ,yea, yea, rub it in. :) I fished A grand total of 2 times as cap. of a boat, while vac. in the Key's. All I can say is WOW! <br /> <br /> We went out dropped anchor, put out the basket of chum, and used live shrimp as bait. It was non stop fish-on untill we ran out of shrimp. Caught over 25 differ'nt types of fish. Most of the fish fight twice as hard as any freshwater fish of comparable size. We hooked fish that we could not stop.<br /><br /> Then theres the diving, spearing, crabbing/lobstering, and shinning the shallows at night. The wife and I are 3 years away from spending 2 months a year down there.

LadyFish

Admiral

I just got back from a road trip to Tennessee and planned on a full day of fishing today. I am stuck fishing off the dock for now. The little ones were playing in the boat last weekend and must have messed with one of the toggle switches for the fishing lights. The battery is deader than a door knob. It won't even jump off the battery pack. :( It'll be at least four hours before I can get out on the bay.<br /><br />So far I've caught one baby crab and a flounder too small to keep.<br /><br />Time to check the line again.<br /><br /> :rolleyes:

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Ladyfish...run down there and put on another shrimp, while your there check and see how that charge is comming. Welcome back, just one more thing: Deader than a doorknob :confused: how long do you figure that battery will take till its good and charged like a ... Live doorknob :rolleyes:

LadyFish

Admiral

izum=terms or words used to describe something that makes absolutely no sense at all to anyone but me.<br /><br />FISHING REPORT UPDATE: I just caught an umbrella. rolleyes:

LadyFish

Admiral

rotfl. The stupid thing was open, upside down and full of sand. I can't say enough good things about trilene line. ;)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

That's the best kind of umbrella....marinated in good ole Texas sand....that'll sure spice it up!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Glad somebody caught something... My Sunday am trip was a flop... Should have known.. Wind was blowing hard out of the southeast at 6 am...<br /><br /> 6 mile run too Jupiter inlet from my new super secret launch ramp (parking does'nt fill up till 8 am. vs. 7 am. everywhere else, and folks that use it are down right civil)..<br /><br /> Looking out the inlet on the way out, not good... NOAA said 2-4 foot seas.. Yeah Right!.. Try 4-6 very close together (30 feet between whitecap'd swells), with a couple of maybe 8 footers at the mouth of the inlet, just for good measure... Got all wet and salt-sprayed, made the big U-turn, went back home and washed the boat....<br /><br />Should have stayed in bed... :p