Fishfinder with downrigger problem.

marty_scher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Big surprise.<br /><br />After installing my killer electric downriggers, my cheapie Humminbird finder freaks out and constantly alerts towards the surface, whenever they are down.<br /><br />Could this be the shallow alert triggering, or maybe the wide scan?<br /><br />The Hummimbird is heading for the trash can anyway (1 year old and it actually FROZE, requiring me to remove the fuse to reset), but will I have similar problem with another brand, requiring disabling wide scan or shallow alert, etc.?<br /><br />Thanks

andy h

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Fishfinder with downrigger problem.

my fish finder does the same thing when i pull up my anchor. I assume it is just your downrigger weight setting it off. I would not worry to much about it. However you might want to look into a new fish finder anyway cause I have never seen a hummingbird that was any good.

marty_scher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fishfinder with downrigger problem.

The finder is useless when the downriggers are set to any depths. It just keeps getting regular returns towards the top of the screen..<br /><br />The biggest problem is that it won't see anything else.<br /><br />Time to talk the wife into an "upgrade".