First trip of the season

Formula1974

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well we took the boat out for the first time this season finally. Pretty uneventful except I jumped on the tube and had the wife drive and the rope got tangled on my leg. Hurts like crazy but the leg still works. Got back to the dock and thats when things got interesting. This one guy was dragging a trailer down to the lake with a wheel locked up. The trailer didnt have brakes so im guessing wheel bearing was froze up. This guy sure didnt care he just loaded his boat up and squealed out of the parking lot dragging his tire down the road. I was looking for him on the side of the road but he must have went a different way then I did.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: First trip of the season

Now, there's a situation where I'd speak right up to the guy. He may not have known about the situation, and it's one that could lead to a serious accident.<br /><br />In fact, if I told him about the problem and he didn't act on it, I'd call 911 and report him to the cops. I have family and they drive on the roads, too.<br /><br />Some dumb things are funny. This one's not.

Formula1974

Petty Officer 1st Class

He had his window open and I tried to stop him as he drove by but he just looked over and kept going. he looked like a piece of work. Im sure he knew he was dragging his tire he would have had to be deaf dumb and stupid if he didnt.

CATransplant

Admiral

I'd have just called 911. The state patrol would have fun with this unsafe trailer. They'd have made him leave it beside the road, given him a ticket, and chewed his dumb butt out.<br /><br />So, he'd be off to get help or parts, leaving his trailer just sitting there, boat and all. If things disappeared from it, he'd have nobody to blame but himself.<br /><br />It isn't ratting someone out if what they're doing is dangerous. It could save a life.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Yep, CATransplant I couldn't agree more.