First post: what to do with old boat...IT'S GONE GONE GONE!!!

Jenn by the Sea

Seaman Apprentice
Re: First post: what to do with old boat

Home C,

There will be no $$$ changing hands, I will have him sign a note thats states the title is changing hands "free of charge with no warranty, no claims expressed or implied, and AS IS WHERE IS." Language provided courtesy of our company atty :)

If it falls apart after he hooks it to his truck then it's his problem.

Thanks,

Jenn

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

I am glad to hear you had the engine and drive checked before you just gave 'er away. Now that you have , and the verdict is in, you can rest easy knowing you didnt throw away a hand full of cash, by giving it away. Best of luck on your next boating venture.....

Jenn by the Sea

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Paul,

I miss boating and after I get a few more things settled I plan on getting something I can handle, maybe a bowrider of some kind. When I was at the marina last week I saw one called a Hurricane. Do they make good ones?

Thanks again,
Jenn

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Paul,

I miss boating and after I get a few more things settled I plan on getting something I can handle, maybe a bowrider of some kind. When I was at the marina last week I saw one called a Hurricane. Do they make good ones?

Thanks again,
Jenn

Oh sure you betchya:p Your not wasting any time shopping are ya ! Good for you...I woke up with a little snow on the boat this mornin'. Like 40 and rain now here in MN. I myself am not familiar with da' Hurricane. I'm sure someone will chime in. Good luck in getting your post Div BS settled... Been there done that :mad:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Hurricane makes great deck boats.

Jenn by the Sea

Seaman Apprentice

Ok...ezmobee...

Please forgive my ignornance. What is the difference between a bow rider and a deck boat?

Thanks again,

Jenn

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

They are kinda a cross between a bowrider and a pontoon. In fact, the early ones looked pretty much like pontoons but with a fiberglass V-hull bottom. They are sleeker now and do look similar to bowriders but are generally more flared at the bow creating more "deck" or seating space. Trade offs would be they usually have less deadrise so they will rise harder in the chop than a deeper bowrider.

Here's a pontoon-y looking one
images

here's a sleeker more bowrider-y one
images

here's a bowrider for comparison
bayliner-245-bowrider-sport-boat-2007.jpg

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey Jenn,

I own a Hurricane 202 deck boat and love it! Lot's of room and easy to handle... I can even camp in mine!

Cane2010%20061.jpg

hurricane%20006.jpg

hurricane%20001.jpg

stuff%20050-1.jpg

stuff%20051-1.jpg

marktwainsonic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A Packer fan with a High Life. Very impressive! :)

Jenn by the Sea

Seaman Apprentice

Bear,

That is one cool looking boat. It looks like you have lots of room and places to lay out and relax :)

How does it handle rougher water? I heard that deck boats don't do as well as bow riders. I really love all the space on yours.

I see the camping setup. Ummmm do you camp in your driveway??? :eek:

Jenn

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Bear,

That is one cool looking boat. It looks like you have lots of room and places to lay out and relax :)

How does it handle rougher water? I heard that deck boats don't do as well as bow riders. I really love all the space on yours.

I see the camping setup. Ummmm do you camp in your driveway??? :eek:

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

You're on your way to fun and excited boating :)

Define "rough water". The bow rider will cut through water easier to give a smoother ride. So, it depends on what/where/when with boating. If you boat on lakes (not dem big ones up der to the nort), your options expand as it's usually more smooth and you're mainly dealing with wakes from time to time. If you're considering off-shore, the what/where/when takes on more importance.

Give us some input on where you would like to boat (lake, river, ocean, inland coastal), what you do when you get there (fish, sun bath, ski, tube, raft), and if you'll boat year around or only on "good weather days." Also, if you will have the boat at your house for trailering or at a marina. Some marina's also offer dry-dock for certain size boats.

Rarely will you find everything you're looking for with your first purchase. Start with something that makes sense with what you like to do or what you know you'll be doing most of the time, though. Being able to sleep in your driveway has it's advantages; aye bear? :p

Take care,
Robb

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey Jenn,

The boat is very stable in rough water. Only issues are it can get a tad rough while underway. The boat is very solid/heavy construction, and in rough conditions can get passengers wet with the occasional spray ejected from the sides... when I'm "jammin" full throttle with waves or into them through 1-3' chop it's fine, but at an angle your gonna get wet. It is best on a calm day... But the like I say it's a very stable platform. Most of the time I can find a small calm bay and chill even if the lake is capping or rough...

As far as the driveway camping not yet... But occasionally I sit in the boat drinking a beer or two... The neighbors get a kick out of me... There's Bear sitting in the driveway making boat sounds again! :eek:

Jenn by the Sea

Seaman Apprentice
Re: First post: what to do with old boat...IT'S GONE GONE GONE!!!

Hello again everyone,

Well I guess I'm no longer a boater, since now I don't have one anymore. :( Although I never went out in that non-running boat. Anyway the marina owner called late yesterday and they took it away earlier today!!! YESSS.... Now I have my driveway back. But I wouldn't mind putting a nice shiny new boat in it's place! :D He did say they have a lot of nice boats and hoped I would be interested in considering his boats when I'm ready. Maybe he took it as an act of good will...

Jenn...No longer driveway space challenged :D:D:D

ziggy

Admiral

sounds like a case of 1 of the two happiest days of a boaters life. the first being the day ya get the boat, the second being the day it's gone...

good luck in you next adventure..

Jenn by the Sea

Seaman Apprentice

Ziggy,

I was never happy when we got THAT boat...

Jenn