First Holiday Weekend

Tig

Chief Petty Officer
and I am watching the traditional activity at the local camp. This includes.
1) A dad with no life jacket standing in a canoe while fishing with his two kids. Kids are sitting down with life jackets on.
2) Same father and sons 1/4 mile off shore in an 18" chop. He had a small motor on the canoe.
3) Assorted people trying to get their motors running at the ramp and in the lagoon.
4) Occasional sight of boats drifting down the bay with the hood off.
5) One particularly poor running and loud boat ended his weekend early after an hour of tuning by my place. He discovered why buzzing my shoreline is never a good idea. The river that runs by my place is 5' deep in the channel even 5' from my shore. The main bay however is about what you would expect if you are 30' from a shoreline around here.

It's a shame to see weekends jeopardized or spoiled like this.

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: First Holiday Weekend

Sounds about right. Happy fourth!

Tig

Chief Petty Officer
Re: First Holiday Weekend

Well the weekend wrapped up as the first ever that I did not have to deal with trespassers. I was impressed. Part of the credit may go to the canoe crew. Their drinking and skills of debate and language seemed to thin out the local camp. The canoe was out there with 4 men on board on several occasions. As the sun set Sunday things were still building at the canoe site. I could hear "discussions" that are not worth sharing. I had to go out of town so I missed the police coming around to shut things down. First time ever for that sort of stupidity in my neighborhood. I hope it's the last.