First boat ride new

cashtim

Cadet
I am new at boating. I am ready to take it to the lake the first time.I think I only have a few problems. When I try to crank it it sometimes makes a clicking noise. it also look like it wasnt charging the battery stayed around 11 amps. How do I test my charger to see it is working. Do anybody have any advice of what I need to take out on my first trip and what I need to have to be legal. I also have a switch hooked up to my fuel pump. If I am just running my radio and sat radio it will not run my battery down will it. Last thing what are the best screws I should by I Need to reattach my sun deck cover It came off it was on hinges.How should I keep it fasten.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: First boat ride new

Check all your connections to make sure the are corrosion free would be a good start, cable end aren't broke loose,ETC...Then see what the meter reads

studlymandingo

Commander

In order to give any advice on how to test whether your motor is charging or not, we will need more information such as the make, year, HP, and model of the motor you are referring to.

You will need among other things:
Fire Extinguisher
(3) Flares
Registration Information
Throwable Floatation Device (cushion type)
PFDs for every one on board (life jackets)
Whistle, horn, or other audible signaling device
Sunscreen
Towels
Ice
Beverages
Snacks
Positive Attitude

What kind of switch do you have going to the fuel pump???

Always use stainless steel screws to attach anything to your boat.​

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Don't forget the orrs, medical kit, line/anchor...

cuda71

Cadet

Check your state/province or federal transportation agency or coast guard to find out what the minimum safety requirements are required for your boat. In Canada it's the safe boating guide I'm sure there must be something similar for the states.