firing issues 75 johson

75-JOHNSON

Seaman
1976 75 johson will not produce power under load, but runs fine with no load. unhooked top spark plug wire and engine ran the same, unhooked the other and the engine quit. all spark plugs were wet which leads me to beleive they are getting fuel. all cylinders have spark. could this be a timing issue? i am not to boat savvy so any help would be appreciated.

countvlad

Chief Petty Officer
Re: firing issues 75 johson

1976 75 johson will not produce power under load, but runs fine with no load. unhooked top spark plug wire and engine ran the same, unhooked the other and the engine quit. all spark plugs were wet which leads me to beleive they are getting fuel. all cylinders have spark. could this be a timing issue? i am not to boat savvy so any help would be appreciated.

sometimes its not noticeble when you unplug one wire... have the motor runing again and im guessing you unhooked top cylinder first the second i would unhook this time the second and leave nr 1 and 3 hooked and see if anything changes.... if the motor dies then either 1 or 3 cylinder is not firing or you have problems....

coud be timing issue? sure.. check the timing? follow the instrc below

when was last carb rebuild or decarb done?? folow instrc below

good luck