Finished today. Check out the pix!

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Replaced the transom, rear engine mounts, battery trays, rear sole. Last year I was taking on water at a frightening pace, infested with ants, chalky gelcoat, stains, scratches, rotten transom and rear floor.

Today was the first test after renovation. Only ended up with a shift cable issue (paddled the lat 10 feet to the dock after getting stuck in reverse) because I'd underestimated how tight the clamps on the cable core have to be (and I didn't use Loctite - duh). Not bad for a 20 year old boat.

shine.jpg

ready2go.jpg

nameontheback.jpg

done.jpg

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Finished today. Check out the pix!

Thanks! Cap'n Crunch for a bunch of reasons - one, it's my favorite cereal of all time. Two, I broke my wrist last time I had this thing on the water (stupidly) trying to deflect another boat we were towing after I snagged on a sandbar (crunch!) Three, this thing has put a serious "Crunch" on my wallet/budget, and four, the Cap'n is one hard-core, absolutely insane sea-faring cereal meister.

legoman67

Chief Petty Officer

wow, looks amazing! great job!

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

Way to go !!!! Congrats !!! Lookin good:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

She looks fantastic did you repaint or scuff and buff :D.

Rick

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Nice work Danond :)

But..right back there..you know .. where that thingy is..you missed a spot buffing ;)

Oh and thanks ALOT for making me spew beer at my monitor and out my nose.. ( you know how much that hurts dontcha ! )

AND I QUOTE YOU : " By the way, if you yell "hey come take a picture of me" and your wife agrees, she will decline once she opens the door to the garage, swear at you for the stinky mess you're making, tell you to stop making so much noise, give you a crabby face and close the door. Then you'll have to use your cell phone to get the job done yourself. "

Man .. THat was classic m8 !

Nice site too..

With applause YD.

bear_69cuda

Commander

danond,

Awesome dude! Love the boat! Name rules!

The job you did buffin out gel coat is incredibe!

Now enjoy my friend!

NickAndJena

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok-ok... The gel coat looks pretty and all, but we can just imagine how absolutely beautiful your transom looks and feels. Transom gutting and replacement is a lot of work, much more than buffing -- so I wanted to give you a congrats on the beautiful job you did near the engine and outdrive.

Cheers my friend. Thanks for inspiring us to do ours, it's coming along!!!

Nick & Jena