finished my motor

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: finished my motor

I can see a big problem with that set up........

No prop...... it will never plane out! :p

Looks good.

Davinciman

Seaman

Very nice Benny!

What year is that evinrude?
Have you thought about some stripes...that would make it pop.. or newer etec like decals to keep them guessing as to what year it is:D
Google Johnson/evinrude decals; lots there.
Gotta love that thrush decal too.

Good Work

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I like the 2 tone and the pissed off woodpecker.

Mine was 2 tone for a while after I changed lowers but gold and blue didn't go well together.

I did my boat and motor this year, even took the mount off and apart and stripped everything back to metal(had 3 weeks off) it came out really nice, can't wait to actually use it now!

Good job.

Benny1963

Lieutenant

hy guys thanks the mid is a 89 the lower is a 91 and the powerhead is a 175
1983 boysens bigbore carbs and xp heads the mid is shot in the 83 blue
ppg match, as the cowl is also the trim and bracket are epoxy flat black
and the lower was shot with zinc chromate and omc 1983 silver outdrve paint
the mid was medis blasted and done with zinc chromate then the blue
the wood pecker that replaced my mckee emblems is clay smith retro from the 60s done in marine vinyl, i probaly could have done better but got kinda hurried wish i would have converted to fasttrack trim its on a 17ft mckee whaler style hull its 1976 original gel its runnin 58 gps with turboti 22 p
jacked up 1and 1/2 inches right know its just sitting in it im doing a panther jackplate in the flat black with 4 inches set back im also runnin the smart tabs sx with the 90 lb actuators but i took 8 degees off the template when i set it up to tune them its coming on plane at 2500 and im turnin 5800
with 22p big ear turboti 22pit will spin the the t1 to 7000 but the motor doesnt like the harmonics between 5800 6500, and being a crossflow
i dont want to sheer the crank so i keep it around 5600 5800
have two built know finishing paint on johnson 175 1983 with updated trim
lookin for 235 v6 for next motorthis motor will go up for sale in the next couple of weeks pm me if ya have intrest,its 030 with boysen jetting big bore carbs
raipar no limit packs mid section has ben rebushed with new retainers
all new bearings including top and bottom crank bearing caged wrist pin bearing .perfect crank .and new crank sealing rings has 80 hrs on it or so
been runnin xd100 oil with 93 at 50 ta 1 ,its overrated for my mckee hull
and the gas milage is ruff over 4000 rpm make someone good retro motor for bass boat or larger boat also cdi stator and coils will sell resonable,
wont get near whats in it adding bobs exhaust weld on wit plugs to shut it up
also has rebuilt recirc lines and primer pump with foggin attachment.
thank all of ya on here with out yall i coulnt do it hadley/ezeke.and all ya guys put up with my endless questions thank ya all will post when i finish the johnson

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

Looks good- cool thrush sticker too.

Benny1963

Lieutenant

well the post yall ahve sent made it woth it i have a much time under the cowl than the paint ,restoreing old motors is painstakeing but woth it want to build some small stuff but cant find if any of ya have any suggestions on were to find smaller tiller motors let me know thank yall