Finally pulled a fish out of Lake Pleasant, AZ, and it was huge!

62Scout

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok... Fine... Huge only in my mind :LOL:
20231008_143522.jpg
I've been fishing that lake on and off for 15 years, trying all kinds of artificial and live baits, and never once pulled anything alive out of it until today. Took the boat back into a cove, started casting a top water popper and saw a bunch of juveniles coming up to look at it...switched out to an ultralight spinner, and this little thing nailed it immediately.

Unfortunately the wind picked up significantly shortly after, my little Bayliner bass boat doesn't deal with whitecaps all that well, and after nearly losing my balance a couple times, decided to head in. Still though..better than a day sitting on the couch, and maybe my curse on that lake finally has broken...

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
Why oh why would you continue to fish a lake if you didn’t catch anything for 14 years. At the end of year one and no fish I think I’d move on

62Scout

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Why oh why would you continue to fish a lake if you didn’t catch anything for 14 years. At the end of year one and no fish I think I’d move on
Well, as I said - on and off. It's not like I was out there every day for 14 years straight. Also, this lake is close to home, and we often take the 4x4s out to that area, camp in the area, etc. So now and again I'd drop a line in and see what happens.

Next closest lake is 90 mins away, and the next closest to that is 3 hours.