Finally Found My Dream Boat!

hibbert6

Petty Officer 1st Class
I finally found - and bought - the boat I've been looking for. It's a Sea Ray 175 with a 125hp Mercury outboard. It's a 1998, a little older than I would have liked, but I spent months, literally, finding this type of boat here in Northern California. (There were other 175's, but they were 17.5'; this one is 18.5', without a whole lot of space devoted to an engine cover like in an i/o, so quite roomy.)

I'd post photos if I could ever figure out how to do this digital stuff... ;)

I need to order a bimini top, but I'm not sure whether to mount it to the top of the gunwale or to the sides of the boat. Any suggestions?

Dave

Art Bernard

Banned
Re: Finally Found My Dream Boat!

Grats to you:) Sure feels good to finally get what you want. I wish you much luck with her:)

Art

sw33ttooth

Chief Petty Officer

eh, glad your dream boat is so fuel savy i want an 80's 40 foot scarab but seeing as i can barely afford gas for 1 5.8l i dont think 2 454's or 502's would be any more fuel effecient hehe good luck. as for your question my first bimini is attached to the inside of the sides of the winshield and has 2 straps back as well as snaps onto the windshield but my back one for the camper is on the gunwale id rather have it on the gunwale if possible, windshield has a curve to it and makes it hard to put the 2nd screw into the hole with out pliers.

Blue2Green

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats, glad you found the boat you wanted