Fiberglass pontoon turns into cooler or storage?

kryan2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just picked up a 24' pontoon with fiberglass toons. Once I take off the deck sheets wouldn't you think it would be possible to "dig" out some of the foam from each toon and turn it into a "under deck" cooler? Hatch on the decking would give access?
Thoughts??

Attachments

• photo257913.jpg
    photo257913.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo257966.jpg
    photo257966.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Just picked up a 24' pontoon with fiberglass toons. Once I take off the deck sheets wouldn't you think it would be possible to "dig" out some of the foam from each toon and turn it into a "under deck" cooler? Hatch on the decking would give access?
Thoughts??

You could but I wouldn't recommended it. If you ever puncher a hole and crack in the tube, it will fill fast. Kind of like punch a hole in a beer can then pop the top. Gravity will empty the can real quick, but the tube would be under pressure from the water around it. They do hollow out a tri-toon for storage, but it will stay afloat on two of the three

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... It "Looks" home made,....

Are ya sure there's foam in the 'toons,..??

kryan2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yep... all foam inside the back wood from the deck isn't bolted down so I could see inside of them that's how I know there's build pumps in each one