Fiberglass material purchase

dsford1982

Cadet
Hello,

I am in need of fiberglass resin and cloth. I am attempting to restore my 1971 Tahiti. I found a fiberglass supply place here in Washington state called Fiberglass supply in Burlington Washington but I have emailed several times and even called and left a message with one reply or return call.

My question is where can I order a large amount, approximately 5 gallons of resin, matt and misc. fiberglass materials for mail order? Is it possible? Is shipping out of line?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Dan

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Re: Fiberglass material purchase

Many people on this board recommend U.S. Composites. They ship from Florida. Shipping and the UPS hazardous material fee (for polyester resin) is a bit pricy, but unless you can buy locally, I think their prices are pretty competitive.

Jim

Friscoboater

Captain

Yep, I used US composites on my current resto, and they have great prices and great service. The shipping is what it is. They cannot help what UPS charges, but after i compared to a distributor locally, when I bought everything from them, I actually came out a little cheaper even with shipping. I think my whole order was around 100 bucks for shipping, but for Washington, it might be a little more.

Bill3434

Petty Officer 1st Class

US Composites here too. Shipping is more than I thought but I looked at other and they cost more and shipping wasn't any better. I haven't come across anything that I needed that US Composites didn't have for my restore.

tpenfield

Staff member

Fiberglasssite.com and uscomposites.com are two places that I have used with good results.

pole position

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Another bump for US Composites.When I built my new swim platform last year,they had everything that I needed and recommended what to use.BTW,it turned out great!