Father and son/daughter project.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class
Google SeaFlea and go to the first web site. They have plans for a boat made out of 2 sheets of 1/4" ply-wood and uses up to a 10 hp motor. No politics or any of the other stuff you see {did see} here. Its mostly kids there but a few of us older guys visit there and we have a speed challenge going on right now...ANIMAL :D

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Father and son/daughter project.

Google SeaFlea and go to the first web site. They have plans for a boat made out of 2 sheets of 1/4" ply-wood and uses up to a 10 hp motor. No politics or any of the other stuff you see {did see} here. Its mostly kids there but a few of us older guys visit there and we have a speed challenge going on right now...ANIMAL :D

Can I put my extra Johnson 70 hp on one?:eek::D:D

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Of course, go for it bro. If you can get it to plane out who cares if it sinks when you stop. Just make sure you have a lot of friends when you come back to the beach to hold it up. And don't stop to do any fishing,,,LOL.You joined it the other day, go read about it, we are basicly running classes by motor size. Got a few of us that are building boats just for the speed run. I think the best is about 38 mph with a 20 hp or something like that. And ya I know yer yanking my chain but you know me, I don't do one liners and it gives me a chance to tell a little more about it. I plan to be king of the 35 hp class with in a couple of years till then it will be learning time....ANIMAL :D

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is the web site if they let it go through, {muskokaseaflea.ca}....They are out of Canada and the design has been around since the '50s I think and is real popular up there.{Note to mods, they don't sell anything and promote it as a father/son/daughter project}.....ANIMAL :D

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

It looks like my 7 year old son and are going to build a Minimax as a winter project shortly.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Its almost winter now. Never to late to start just to late to finish...ANIMAL :D P.S. I had some more to add to that but I better not since I'm doing my best to be a good ANIMAL :D:D:D

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

My winters are 9 deg at night. I dont know which is worse. Winter low 9 deg or Summer high 119 deg.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll take the 119 any day over the 9...ANIMAL :D

Last edited:

Tinlizzy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks ANIMAL for the find :)

...Looks like I have a new project on the agenda. One of these I am sure will go good with my 18 HP Rude' :D

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great there Tinlizzy, glad to have you aboard. Its a neat little boat and a great site although pretty quite most of the time, but WW2 and I have been spending a fair amount of time there. Beware the site has a lot of kids on it {and I mean a lot} so you want to be a good boy while there but I like it a lot. Useually I'm loged in there and here at the same time and bounceing back and forth. Its kind of like here, got members all over the world. I would like this to take off here to where we need our own forum { if anybody is listening out there,,,would be a great place for the kids here to hang out in when they get tired of,,,,,us} or at least keep the thread here an active one. I plan to build a MiniMonster for the speed run. The mods over there gave us permission to keep it on top of the list. Do a lot of reading over there, the more you read the easyer your build will be. And take alot of pictures, we want the good ones and the "oops,,, shouldn't have done that" ones to. While most of the kids are running around 10 hp, we "ADULTS" are planning on playing with 50+. I use the same name over there, go read some of my threads and replys. Its a great place to post building tips at for the kids {all you old f*rts that have been messing with this stuff all your lifes could help pass on a lot of knowlage to kids there also}. The ones that do building and repairing any way. But leave the other carp here. They only care about SeaFleas there. Good Boating...ANIMAL :D

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Tinlizzy and Waterwitch2, hows it going with your sea fleas? I have a model of mine done in balsa {tried to post it here but it won't let me for some reason}. WW2 has pictures of it, I'll get him to post them for me. Go that route first {balsa and super glue} that way you can figure stuff out before you are commited to ply-wood, balsa is much cheaper and easyer to work with. Figure a 4 inch wide x 8 inch long bottom and go from there with what ever plans you are going to use, I used a small coffee can for the round bow and a bow cut {gorge cut} that I guessed at, with many broken bottoms till I got it close to right. Helped to glue the transom on first and let it dry good before bending the bow......Animal :D P.S. Give the kids some thing to do till winter,,,LOL.

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

WW2 has pictures of it, I'll get him to post them for me. QUOTE]

Here are some but they're small. I have to figure out how to post the larger ones from my email.

Attachments

• Animals model.JPG
    Animals model.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
  • animals model 2.JPG
    animals model 2.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 0

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats what I'm building based on 4 foot wide x 8 foot long with a 35 hp motor to start with......ANIMAL :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I sure hope those things have ejection seats. All the vids were shown on pretty flat water. Looks to me like it would not take much to plant the bow. Some of those little beauts look like they could use Smart Tabs.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

In these things there is no wrong way to hit a wake from another boat but thats half the fun. If you hit it one way you jump it, hit another way and you go submarine. Ether way its a lot of fun. A lot of the guys that run the smaller motors use a motorcycle battery and bilge pump. You do get very wet driveing these things. I have a racing seat for mine with a 5 point harness out of a stock car to keep me in it. Most of the kids are running up to 10 hp on their boats but I plan to take a 35 hp motor and put it on nitrous oxide with methanol injection and hang it on the back of mine. I'm going after the bass boats and small ski riggs. When you hang 100+ hp on the back of a boat that weighs maybe 600 lbs {thats motor, driver and all} things are going to get real fun real fast. :eek: .....ANIMAL :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

......but I plan to take a 35 hp motor and put it on nitrous oxide with methanol injection and hang it on the back of mine. I'm going after the bass boats and small ski riggs. When you hang 100+ hp on the back of a boat that weighs maybe 600 lbs {thats motor, driver and all} things are going to get real fun real fast. :eek: .....ANIMAL :D

OK Animal, I will start working on your requiem now!:eek:

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Blame your brothers. They designed this little hand full up in the great land to the north. Beautyful people up there. Their customs at the border are hard to deal with but everyone else is OK. But what do you mean by requiem? Is that like an obituary?....I'm just going to drive around and look cool {RIGHT}....ANIMAL

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

QUOTE ANIMAL I have a model of mine done in balsa {tried to post it here but it won't let me for some reason}. WW2 has pictures of it, I'll get him to post them for me.

Here's a few larger pics.

Attachments

• animals model 3.JPG
    animals model 3.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 0
  • animals model 4.JPG
    animals model 4.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 0
  • animals model 5.JPG
    animals model 5.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 0

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

...... But what do you mean by requiem? Is that like an obituary?....I'm just going to drive around and look cool {RIGHT}....ANIMAL

That is the dirge that they play at your funeral AFTER your obituary is written.:p