Fastest Starcraft???

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Fastest Starcraft???

Nice fishing rig there:D

That thing would achieve flight if it was made of aluminum I think:cool:

Faster than the FrankenMerc sschefer built for his 18' SC cousin(he got 50+mph I believe), which broke 86Century's record for tin can top speed.

North Beach

Commander

Nice fishing rig there:D

That thing would achieve flight if it was made of aluminum I think:cool:

Faster than the FrankenMerc sschefer built for his 18' SC cousin(he got 50+mph I believe), which broke 86Century's record for tin can top speed.

Yeah well that record's gonna be toast when I hang that 150 on the Mariner:p

Striper, I just missed a 75 Islander(running) with a dual tandem trailer over there for 900 bucks last week:mad:

starcraftstriper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dangg, well if you ever need any help and are around here just ask

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

There is absolutely no way that boat did 98mph. The lower unit would have blown out the prop at considerably less than that... Upper 70s, tops...

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander

I'd like to hang that 225 on the back of my SS and see what she'll do......

paparoof

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I took a glass ski boat over 60 once - scared the hell out of me.

I don't even WANT to go 98 in a boat.

fshngho

Lieutenant

I don't know:confused: it is a tunnel hull sorta so it may be possible. My question is how many livewells and where do you mount the outriggers?

My bass boat does 58mph and I've been 80 in a friends bass boat. There is absolutely no reason for a boat to go that fast. (my opinion)

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

no reason for a boat to go that fast.

i think the reason may be that Dad gets his hot rod toy even if he has to drive a minivan most of the time, and Mom isn't quite aware of it or at least realizes it would be unAmerican to deny a man his phallic watercraft, er, boat.

moved to this thought by the pic in the Cabela's catalog of guy at helm of thing that looks like waterborne Lambo with Yammy "VMax" motor....THAT's a fishing boat??

:rolleyes:

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

My 22 Holiday will top 50 on GPS to da-- fast and I will prob never attempt it again. Only thing speed is good for is unexpected bad seas and a way to get off the water. These boats are excellent but the construction is not designed to attain those speeds. IMHO.

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

PS, spoken like a man who fishes on big water. and when you're running ahead of bad weather, it's usually already choppy enough that you can't run WOT anyway.

i agree with you on all cept that last part....rumor has it that riveted aluminum hulls on airplanes go even faster than that, albeit through a far less dense medium.;)

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

OK have to give you that one EXCEPT The effect on a Airplane and the Affect on a Boat are much different. as the damage to a Plane under turbulance and damage from water is very different. I do fish big water in the Pacific Ocean. and generally only about 25 mabey 30 to and from the grounds. I really enjoy your posts as you have a sense of knowledge and humor. Salt water also does no damage to the Starcraft if it is maintained. Ed In Mt Vernon Wa, Gateway to the San Juan Islands

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

I know a guy, who is the brother in-law of a guy, with a 200 black max on his 16 SS.
Claims it will do 70 mph. His story is that it chine walks and he will not go any faster.
The motor will but he wont.

I once went in a boat built by BRP with twin rotex jets. 70 mph was top speed and I was very uncomfortable going that fast. Me, if I do from 25 to 30 mph that?s fast enough.
I don?t want to spill my beverage and the back can?t take the pounding.

How cool would it be to show up at the fishing grounds in that CL boat?
At 4 1/2 boat bucks that would be worth the price to see the expressions on my fishing buddies faces.
Where would you mount the downriggers?
Can I guy put a kicker on a thing like that?

GLG

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

downriggers and kicker? how about the outriggers and fighting chair? and no transom door,,,,how you gonna land the big ones?

GLG fishing

Chief Petty Officer

Barato do you need a fighting chair for the fish you catch down there?
I thought your profile picture was an example of the fish you catch.;)

Seriously what kind of fishing do you do? Marlin??
GLG

barato

Petty Officer 1st Class

i was joking, but i wouldn't cut the line if i happened to hook into a marlin. been just trolling stuff like large rapalas/yozuris/feathers & squids. biggest thing i've ever caught down there from my own boat was a Humboldt squid of 4' and about 40#....quite a roomie to share a 12' portabote with:eek: I did get one sail of abt 75# but that was on a friend's Real Boat (28' twin diesel)so it don't count.

i mostly just catch inshore stuff like sierra, cudas, smaller tunas like black skipjack and bonito, and yellowtail, plus the usual reef fish suspects and a few small dodos. hoping with this new boat to be able to get out to serious blue water and hunt pelagics for real. i promise i'll post a pic if i get any billfish to the boat!

the avatar is an example of how aggressive the fish are...they'll attack something as big as they are