Ezmobee's 1966 Jupiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Ezmobee's 1966 Jupiter

My dad's whole side of the family is from the coal regions....Pottsville. My wife's family is all from Minersville. I went to a branch campus of PennState but I'm not much of a sports fan other than a casual interest in the Steelers.

79MERC1150

Seaman Apprentice

Love your Starcraft! I always like to see a nice older Starcraft. Brings back good memories. My parents owned a 1966 Starcraft Holiday 18 with a 75 Hp Evinrude.

Charles

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

If your fond of Starcrafts (and who isn't really?)
You have came to the right place...

This boat right here is one of the leading causes of my Starcraft fever..

Andy in NY

Commander

If your fond of Starcrafts (and who isn't really?)
You have came to the right place...

This boat right here is one of the leading causes of my Starcraft fever..

and yours is the cause of mine!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

lol...And now YOU are an inspiration to me to hurry up and get done ahead of schedule (that means 4 1/2 years..lol)

The circle of tin is complete young StarCrafter...

Paul Ryan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ez, A+!!!!! I'm not much on Starcaft, but you have made that boat look great!!! I have become rather found of icthing when I go to bed :mad: I was in Ocean city, MD all this past summer. Great place!

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey EZ, I don't know how I missed your thread but it looks great! All these Starcrafts getting fixed up is what keeps me going! they look so sharp compared to all the other boats! :D Steven

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks guys. Hopefully her new owner enjoys her as much as I did. He has a cabin on an island on one of the same bodies of water where I boat so I may very well get to see it.

JoeMan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Her 'new owner'...did you sell her?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Her 'new owner'...did you sell her?

lol..You see the tag in Ez's sig..says SOLD..also I think he mentioned it in the last few posts on this thread..But good newsis that Ez sold this one and is the pround father of a 18 foot SS..

So it's EZ V2.0..Lots of good stuff to read in that thread...

jimandsuemore

Recruit

Hello I have a 1967 starcraft jupiter with a windsheild that got smashed in by storm damage .I was wondering if you could give me any info about the one on your boat it looks great i would like to find a similar one if i can

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I bought it off ebay. I believe it came from a Larson bowrider or something like that. I think that a lot of the windshields of that general type have sort of a hinged connection with the side pieces allowing you to bow it outward to accommodate the curvature or your bow. I think you'll be able to make just about anything work.

ezmobee,

downright PURTY boat! - "and that's all that i have to say about that."
(CHUCKLE)

yours, PG

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 18' Starcraft SuperSport restoration

Hey EZ, I really like the fuel tank in the bow like you have and like to do it in my jupiter but wanted to ask if it is hard to put under there when its full thanks.:D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Hey EZ, I really like the fuel tank in the bow like you have and like to do it in my jupiter but wanted to ask if it is hard to put under there when its full thanks.:D

Well 12 gallons is certainly barely "portable" but it wasn't too bad to drag it out and fill.

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks it sounds like it is worth it to get that weight up front and give you less in back. did you have a foot rest there and remove it as I thought about spliting mine and leave enough room to slide the tank in between.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

No mine didn't have the foot rest. Mine had apparently had a bow tank in it at some point prior to my ownership. It had a fill on the deck and a nice copper fuel line run all the way from the front to the back which I made use of again.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Are the slides under the splash well something you purchase or did they come with the boat. Makes more sense than a piece of vinyl. And much more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.