Evinrude/Johnson ficht

brico

Cadet
Re: Evinrude/Johnson ficht

Paulgs, I went through the same thing you are going through now and just a week ago. My suggestion if you haven't done so is call around to different mechanics in your area and ask them. Don't call the ones who are rep to one particular motor. After looking for 6 mnths with all the info I found most of the boats I was looking at all had Fichts on them with low Hrs. They also are willing to drop price bigtime and all the mechanics, this forum, and even the factory couldn't give me the confidence I needed to hear. My situation may be different from yours, but I went with the boat with the Yamahas. Best of luck, my brains fried and I hope this doesn't offend anyone who may have been in favor. I have used this site all throughout my purchase and I thank all the people for their time (Seahorse,Walleye,Etc)

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Clanton,<br /><br />The E-TEC is another evolution in the DFI outboard arena. Just like FICHT, it directly injects the fuel inside the combusion chamber. The E-TEC injector uses less current and it faster than the FICHT model injectors and more accurate. That is why the E-TEC's have the ultra-low 3-star emission rating that many 4-strokes don't even have. <br /><br />The rest of the motor uses the same rods, bearings, and parts from larger motors. The electrical system is unique, but nothing earth shattering. All in all, it is an improvemnent on an already good setup and Bombardier is slowly phasing it in, not doing an abrupt changeover.

Fly Rod

Commander

Paulgs<br />New 225hp evinrude fichts are around $14,000-20,000 in my area and I'm sure that some controversy will be said about the 20,000 is way to high "free interprise"<br />You will find that when getting prices for an outboard with or without a trade is like buying a car,"find your best deal"<br />When I bought my 2003 ficht my Ma & Pa shop gave me a price of $14,000.00 got 7,000.00 trade on my 2000 motor new powerhead and 7.00 per hp rebate.<br />Went to another small shop $14,000.00 no trade When I ask about a trade the price went to 19,800 and take the trade off of that. That fella must have seen a big " S " on my body when I walked in.

mdegood

Seaman Apprentice

Can anyone tell me how to find out about this extra year that bombardier gave on the warranty's? And does it only apply to the 2000 models?

Fly Rod

Commander

To my knowledge it was only on the 1999 -2000. See your locale boat yard dealer. The mechanic at the boat yard that I use knew more then the dealer about warranty.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

Bombardier did not give any addtional warranty on the 2000 and 2001 OMC outboards. They cover the standard 2 year warranty on those Evinrudes and the one year warranty on Johnson's.<br /><br />Bombardier's own motors produced for 2002 and later, carry a 3 year on Evinrudes. Now there is a 7 year Evinrude warranty promotion on, and 5 year for Johnsons.

Fly Rod

Commander

When I bought my 2003 Evinrude Ficht the deal at that time was advertized as 7 years or 7.00per hp<br />When you read the print it actually was 3year Bombardier warranty and the other 4 is extended warranty. If you took the 7.00per hp you only got the Bombardier 3year warranty in 2003.<br />Now I see that they are offering the 7years or 4.00 rebate over 40hp<br />I'm looking for the literature about the extra 1 year warranty on 2000 Evinrudes. Hope I can find it