Evinrude Fastwin twins

Bruce N

Seaman Apprentice
Just bought two Evinrude Fastwin 15s. One decent but with scuffed paint, the other a parts motor minus carb and tiller and painted a garish blue and white.<br /><br />The decent one runs well. Serial # 15014-13735. Seller told me it is 1958. Has pressure tank.<br /><br />Any pointers? Never used pressure tank before and would appreciate any hints, tho things seem to be ok right now.<br /><br />I paid $280.00 for both motors and pressure tank full of fuel. Was this a fair price?<br /><br />What oil/gas ratio should I use?<br /><br />What is year of motor?<br /><br />Thanks guys

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: Evinrude Fastwin twins

Those engines are from 1955, fuel ratio is a quart, to 6 gallons. A full tank of fresh fuel at today's cost would be worth about $18.00. A full tank of old fuel could cost hundred's in repair bill's if run in a good engine. Those can be very good running engines if they are in sound shape. They are very basic, and easy to work on. Most parts are available to get one in running order.

Bruce N

Seaman Apprentice

TYVM<br /><br />I was wondering if price I paid for motors was ok?

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

If you can make one good one, out of the two, you could end up with a very good engine. Look at what a engine in that HP range will cost today. Those engines were very basic, and very reliable. I have had those engines left at my door because the owner did not want to invest the money, but! they can well be worth the effert. My son, and I, run two of them from that time frame.Put it back together, you could be very pleased for what you spent.