Evinrude 50 hp V R O pump?

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have Evinrude 50 hp With serial # G02535055, Model # VE 50bELESR. won't above 1500 RPM, It is cutting off try to die. Have done Commpression checked 122 Top cylander, 119 bottom cylander, spark checked at 7/16" and pulled carbs cleaned and blew each passage with compressed air, it is still the same. once time I had the motor ran out of oil.

I wonder how to check the VRO pump. How to disable it so I can verify it by running pre mix in the tank. it idle fine when pressing linkage on the side of motor to rev it from mid range to wow it will stutering.

any advice will be apprecited.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude 50 hp V R O pump?

Pull one plug wire at a time when running and see if it's running on both cylinders.

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class

today, I run the motor let it warmed up and pull top plug wire, it runs for about 5 secondsthen dies. is that normal?. 2nd time put the top wire back on, start motor pull bottom lpug wire does the same last about 5 seconds and die. is there any more thoughts or advice. thank you.

Can the motor run on 1 cylander at idle?.

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Any ideas ? when pull plugs either top or bottom, motor dies in 5 seconds.. Thank you.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

Yes, that engine will run on one cylinder if every thing is properly adjusted.
When you had the carbs apart, did you remove the high speed orifices from the bottom of the carb bowels and make sure they were not plugged or restricted?

Last edited:

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class

yes, the one with sloted head by drain plugs. what causes the engine die with one spark plug boot pulled.? Is there anything with timing is off? Thank you.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

What is your idle set at, 700-750 with the boat in the water and the engine in gear?
After you cleaned the carbs, did you check the lynk/synk?

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class

About 800, It ran fine first season first bought it, I don't mess with lynk and synk.. how can it go off? Thanks

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can someone tell me what yearis the motor? so i can look for service manual.. Thank you.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral

The model number you listed crosses to a 1990 engine.
You can try e-bay or google Ken Cook, he has factory reprints. Make sure an order by your model number to get the correct manual.

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class

The model number you listed crosses to a 1990 engine.
You can try e-bay or google Ken Cook, he has factory reprints. Make sure an order by your model number to get the correct manual.

What caused the engine to die when unplug either spark plug boot? is it bad power pack? any advice will be appreciated.

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class

what caused the engine to die when pull spark plug boot? does the same either top or bottom, will die in about 5seconds. Thank you

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Even though the compression seems okay the bottom rings could be stuck where you wouldn't suck in the proper fuel mix. Try a GOOD decarb on it once and see what happens.